if. you post a "I messed this up" item - >

if. you post a "I messed this up" item -

if. you post a "I messed this up" item -

Old 01-31-2014, 12:58 PM
Power Poster

according to the community guidelines, whining and venting are not allowed
Old 01-31-2014, 01:11 PM
RST

Oh for pity's sake. Whining and venting are conversational genres in any community. Sometimes a booboo is so exasperating, and nobody in your real life circles quite understands why it makes any difference, so of course we're going to chat about it on a quilting board, with people who get it.

Sometimes I fix mistakes, sometimes I don't. It just depends. Honestly, sometimes I think a little misplaced or twisted block adds interest to an otherwise very predictable and lackluster quilt. Sometimes it doesn't. Deciding which is the case is one of the times when community input is useful.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:11 PM

Well in MHO I like the posts. It helps me to be aware of what to watch out for if I am doing something similar. Besides if you can't vent to your friends who can you vent to.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:30 PM

I try not to post on these, one...I don't want to hurt anyone and two..... I don't have all the answers. I just know what I like and what "I" would do.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:39 PM

When I do those type of posts it is because I want help in fixing it. If I have decided the boo-boo is such I can live with it, I don't point it out (and probably wouldn't post that one). I am still novice enough that I don't always know the best or easiest way to fix things and I am in awe of all you talented quilters and appreciate your willingness to share you knowledge.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:43 PM

all of the above at different times with different projects and different end goals.

i don't tell other people what to post and what not to, and i always appreciate responses even if they seem harsh or hurtful on first reading.aileen
Old 01-31-2014, 04:53 PM

I really trust the people on this board to give me a helpful and kind answer. I have asked for design opinions and always love the creative answers. Came out with a border that was so much better because I asked for help. As to posting re frustrations and set backs, we have all been there. A little sympathy, can really help get you over the hump and back to the project.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:31 AM

SYMPATHY
MaryKatherine
Old 02-01-2014, 05:47 AM

My mom always said "Misery loves company" It just plain helps to have someone commiserate and that is what friends do. Also, I take your posted mistakes and turn it into a learning experience for me and for that, I thank you.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:30 AM
Power Poster

When I am making something for a person who means a great deal to me, I want that quilt to be as well done as my ability allows. The one I am working on right now has had a number of its quilting stitches taken out due to the fact that they seem larger or smaller than I want. When I am having a problem with something, and need help, I come here. My friends understand that I want to do my best, and give me good advice EVERY time.