Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Im annoyed.. >

Im annoyed..

Im annoyed..

Old 04-18-2011, 08:12 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I went to a local quilt shop and was looking at all the bolts of a fabrics when i overheard the LAQ saying that a guy found three hand quilted quilts on the side of the road.. He brought them to her to fix and gave her one for all her work!!!! I turned around and quickly joined the conversation and stated that there are places online (NAMELY THIS BOARD!!) to post such a huge loss to someone.. That the owner is probably sick with worry about her priceless family heirlooms.. It sickens me that People need to be told the right thing to do.. How annoying!!!! I doubt it will be posted for owner to be located.. What a shame..
Old 04-18-2011, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
I went to a local quilt shop and was looking at all the bolts of a fabrics when i overheard the LAQ saying that a guy found three hand quilted quilts on the side of the road.. He brought them to her to fix and gave her one for all her work!!!! I turned around and quickly joined the conversation and stated that there are places online (NAMELY THIS BOARD!!) to post such a huge loss to someone.. That the owner is probably sick with worry about her priceless family heirlooms.. It sickens me that People need to be told the right thing to do.. How annoying!!!! I doubt it will be posted for owner to be located.. What a shame..
Some people are so thoughtless, and the LAQ should have known better too - quilts have a value, and should have been handed in as lost property.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:15 AM

That is sad, but at least he took them to be repaired. The could've ended up as oil rags in his garage.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:16 AM

In what area were the quilts found?

Janet
Old 04-18-2011, 08:18 AM
Power Poster

In the LAQ's defense... I never had any idea there were such things as lost quilt alert websites UNTIL I discovered this board. Prior to this I couldn't begin to know how to find the owners short of checking lost and found ads.

All to often unknowing people use quilts to wrap furniture in when moving. How many of us have seen that happen? I have seen it countless times on any given highway or byway I have travelled. People who treat the quilts this way usually don't give a damn that they lost the quilt as long as their precious IKEA book case didn't get a bug splat on it.

Prior to discovering QB if I found quilts on the side of the road and did not see any one looking for them via lost and found ads in the local paper I would have thought nothing to repair them and keep them or donate them. Now I do know better and would post a photo here or on lost quilts or quilters cache. Not everyone out there is as internet savvy as we.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:19 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

I am not sure where the quilts were found. I didn't get much details..
Old 04-18-2011, 08:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Hinterland
In what area were the quilts found?

Janet
OMG Janet, I hadn't even thought of that!!! Still no word from UPS?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt
I am not sure where the quilts were found. I didn't get much details..
Janet has a lost quilt! What state are you in?? hers was lost leaving Colorado so anyplace between NY and Colorado could mean her quilt fell off some UPS truck!!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
In the LAQ's defense... I never had any idea there were such things as lost quilt alert websites UNTIL I discovered this board. Prior to this I couldn't begin to know how to find the owners short of checking lost and found ads.

All to often unknowing people use quilts to wrap furniture in when moving. How many of us have seen that happen? I have seen it countless times on any given highway or byway I have travelled. People who treat the quilts this way usually don't give a damn that they lost the quilt as long as their precious IKEA book case didn't get a bug splat on it.

Prior to discovering QB if I found quilts on the side of the road and did not see any one looking for them via lost and found ads in the local paper I would have thought nothing to repair them and keep them or donate them. Now I do know better and would post a photo here or on lost quilts or quilters cache. Not everyone out there is as internet savvy as we.
Good point, but she did say they were in a box that probably fell out of the moving vehicle.. truck bed perhaps.. And there were three quilts in the box.. The LAQ is located in MO..
Old 04-18-2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
OMG Janet, I hadn't even thought of that!!! Still no word from UPS?
I'm still in limbo. UPS did their search, and they're pretty sure they don't have the quilt. So it's he said/she said...the shipper says they shipped it, but UPS has no record. I think UPS bent over backwards in their search.

It wouldn't have been with other quilts, though.

Janet