Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm in the doldrums! >

I'm in the doldrums!

I'm in the doldrums!

Old 12-28-2010, 08:12 PM
Power Poster

Your not alone.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:06 PM

It is the let down from having everyone home and the rush to get everything ready and then there is quiet, quiet, and quiet. You add in the weather-ice, snow and cold. It is a long time till April. This to will pass. Spring does come every year. I just bought some new fabric on sale and committed myself to several projects that will be in a swap here. I like getting something from someone not knowing what it will be. I appreciate the creativity and skill of others because I know the work that goes into making something with fabric. Cheer up!!As my father would have said, Being alive beats the alternative. As you watch the rain, remember it is filling the watertable and will bring newlife in the spring.
Old 12-28-2010, 10:53 PM

I get that way too! I think it is a combination of the letdown from Christmas, so much going on for weeks and then it's all over and the dreary rain. I live in rainy gray Oregon (January, Feb and March) so I understand perfectly. I know we will get over it and back to our love of sewing!! Hang in there :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-28-2010, 11:43 PM

I think the BLUES hits every one some time or other . with to days pace of life we forget how to do nothing.soooooooo in the morning sit down watch TV / read a book/ listen to the radio or just sit and do NOTHING.I`ll bet after not to long you will be soooooo bored you will click into gear and off you will go again .This works for me every time.It is`nt a crime to do nothing you know.Hope you soon feel better. Hugs to you .
Old 12-29-2010, 05:40 AM

"Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."
Old 12-29-2010, 06:24 AM

It is really amazing to me to read all the different replys as to conditions in different locatiobs. Here in Texas we usually always want rain, early in the spring this year we received 15 inches in one day, it caused some flooding but nothing terrible..today, it is so dry. On Christmas Eve we were at my Sisters...and it started to rain, we all went into the garage; opened the garage door and clapped and were so excited...I guess only people who has experienced a dough can understand our happiness.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:33 AM

Try using some positive words. I've read, depression, doldrums, the blues but to name a few. We should all be glad to be alive and have all the wonderful friends on this forum.
If the cloudy weather gets you down shut the blinds ( or whatever) turn on a bright light and tell yourself it's sunny inside your heart.
I found myself feeling down & negative in the early 90's and my attitude was giving me the willies. I decided I was the only one who could make me feel better so decided that whenever anyone asked how I was, I would say "great" even if I wasn't.It was amazing how soon I started feeling much better. As my daughter said "fake it till you make it" These days I always try to find something to be grateful for in every situation. As someone said on Christmas day " let's play the glad game". That brought back happy memories as Pollyana was one of my favorite movies when I was growing up.Maybe because I liked Hayley Mills so much, still do.
I hope everyone is feeling much better soon. BTW I live in Brisbane so have had the rain too. While I feel despair for all those suffering flooding I won't curse the rain as not too long ago we almost ran out of water and I said I'd always be glad to see the rain when it came.
I hope I don't sound pompous, I just realize I am the mistress of my own happiness.
I'd like to wish everyone a very safe & Happy New Year and Happy Quilting in 2011.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:35 AM

Well said Katesnanna, sometimes it is good to be reminded of this.
Old 12-29-2010, 06:48 AM

I am going in to see my doctor on Friday to get meds for depression. The stress of the season got to me this year and all I want to do is sleep. The snow and cold we have doesn't help either.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by annyroony2
I am right there with you. Spent all morning cleaning out my scrap drawer because I couldn't decide on a pattern to start on. I may need to get away for a day to clean my head and start fresh new year's.
I do this sort of thing too. It helps to feel that "things are in place", I absolutely dont like chaotic surroundings, or disorganized "stuff", my DH calls this "piddling", but I have been piddling with him for 51 years, so guess he is willing to put up with my stuff. :D