Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm in the doldrums! >

I'm in the doldrums!

I'm in the doldrums!

Old 12-28-2010, 04:31 PM

I hear you! Post-Holiday let down I guess.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:40 PM

I haven't sewn anything for a week! I think that we all need to take a break, especially after the pre-Christmas rush to get things done.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:47 PM

I am right there with you. I always feel down this time of year. I have had an especially hard holiday season as I lost my mom very suddenly a week before Thanksgiving.
I have way too many "want to make" projects sitting around that I can not seem to pick a starting place!
I am not familiar with your part of the world. Does spring help you? It always does for me.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:24 PM

Well, the rain doesn't help. When it is cloudy & snowy here, I just want to cuddle up in a big easy chair with a cup of hot choclate and read a good book. It also seems like after Christmas with all the husle & bustle, we are let down when it is all over. You are not the only one, Just spend a few days doing what you want to do & if that means sitting and doing nothing, so be it. Look forward to a brighter and more energenic New Year. Hugs
Old 12-28-2010, 05:31 PM

I can't get motivated either I have a couch sitting on my craft table for year now that I am recoving and I just can't seem to get back to it I am only good under pressure but I hope before spring I have it done
Old 12-28-2010, 05:41 PM

You are definitely not the only one - I can't seem to settle on anything to start. Got a few ideas and some stash but action isn't going anywhere!
Old 12-28-2010, 06:02 PM

The after Christmas blaas have hit me too...but I have been two days trying to tidy up my closet that houses Christmas deco...What a mess..too much..alot going to the thrift shop. If I didn't put it out this year, it is gone! Can't wait until I can make it in to my sewing room...right now the door is blocked with boxes.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:05 PM

ditto! I think we all go through that at some time or another. Sometimes it is worse after Christmas, esp. if the holiday didn't turn out like we expected.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

Yep...know the feeling. I also feel guilt ridden if I haven't accomplished something, or been working flat out. Today I'm a bit perkier, so maybe I'll get some piecing done.

Would really appreciate some rain, so send some of yours if you can! I'm suffering from "bucket back" trying to keep my plants alive.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:16 PM

You are not the only one. If you are like me, you probably have had it happen before. Cut yourself the necessary slack. Remember, everyone goes through it, everyone feels unproductive and thinks about all they could, should, or need to do. But this to shall pass. In the meantime, you can do other things that need to be done like spend time with those you love. Take care.