Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I'm in the doldrums! >

I'm in the doldrums!

I'm in the doldrums!

Old 12-28-2010, 08:25 AM

I am just going to do nothing for a few days then get busy on my book.
Old 12-28-2010, 09:38 AM

It is not just you. I have had the lazy's ever since Christmas. I think it is just kind of like jet lag. You will get it back. If I can I visit a fabric store and sometimes that inspires me, but if I buy a new project then when I get home I get back in the funk, just go to get some inspiration
Old 12-28-2010, 10:06 AM

I'm just sitting here watching 3 grand kids , can't do anything but being a referee, boo boo kisser, etc. so glad to have them and glad to see them go. 2 of them are sledding now, got to watch for the neighbors mean dogs, and the baby is napping. Hope to keep my sanitly intact.

Regina
Old 12-28-2010, 10:17 AM

I could have written your post right down to the Oregon rain. I helped myself by making a decision about what kind of projects to make in the new year. Ordinarily, I make bed quilts. No reason--just habit. The other day it occurred to me that I'm only going to make small quilts this year--table runners, placemats,etc. Maybe even a backpack or bag I've had my eye on. It perked me up right away for some reason. Maybe a change of pace would help?
Old 12-28-2010, 11:32 AM

You are not the only one. I too hae unfinished projects. I made it to my sewing room and put away gift wrap and bows left by my daughter. I then put away the leftover material and patterns from the last minute gifts. Next I pulled out a baby quilt (baby due Jan.18th) and serged and put binding on the back. I now have to finish it by hand as I chose this choice. I too need a dead line or extra push.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:50 PM

Personally, I love the calm after Christmas. Family and friends just getting together and enjoying each other....no rush to get this or that done. I love the New Year....great beginnings and opportunities for everyone. Deciding on what new quilt to make and the endless possibilities are inspiring in itself. That said my family & friends always want more quilts. The unexpected and delightful coming our way. I generally reach for all the joy out there because life is just to darn short to not enjoy and be grateful for every single thing. We could all go on about the things that aren't quite what we would like them to be but for me that is just another adventure to conquer.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by sweet
I understand what you are saying. One really cool discovery that I have made since moving to Louisiana is that the Mardi Gras season is about to begin and that is a sure cure for the doldrums here. I hope you can find an early spring to perk yourself up! Take Care...
Yaaa LSU and Mardi Gras. I lived there for 3 years, (Baton Rouge) and spent almost as much time in New Orleans as BR. Doldrums is a state of mind, your just need something to look forward to. New Quilt anyone? :D
Old 12-28-2010, 01:46 PM

This Thursday my Bee group is getting together and hitting some quilt stores together. I bet we come off the day with our little brains full of ideas and motivated to get going with some new project.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:15 PM

Give into this feeling. It will pass. Try reading some books with a box of chocolates. That will make you feel better.
I feel a little let down after Christmas because our sons and other family members live out of town and it is too far to travel.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:26 PM

Here, Here! It happens to the best of us!