Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Im looking for a new machine, fmq, strong powerful, for all kinds of sewing. >

Im looking for a new machine, fmq, strong powerful, for all kinds of sewing.

Im looking for a new machine, fmq, strong powerful, for all kinds of sewing.

Old 01-22-2012, 05:07 AM

Glad you've found the right machine for you and I hope you have lots of fun with it.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:02 PM

You'll love your new 6600 Nancy! I've had mine about two weeks - I also did a lot of research and I can honestly tell you I am not disappointed. Thus far, the machine performs great on everything I've tried. I'm also finding it to be user friendly and not that hard to operate. Good luck!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:45 PM

I understand you've made your decision, I'm glad you're happy! This info might be useful to someone, though: Yes, I've heard of some adjustments to the feed dogs to solve the veering problem. I have had the 7700 for almost a year and love it. I only had a very slight problem with the bulky seam - the newer ones come with a new 02 foot that solves the problem, and Janome sends them to owners who have registered their machines that didn't come with the new 02 foot, for free. Also, about a month ago, I bought the Janome clear view foot - it's clear plastic with red lines for 1/4 and 1/8 inch ahead and behind the needles (very handy) and comes with 2 different guides - a 1/4 inch guide and a stitch in the ditch guide - and it works perfectly with then 7700, no problems with seams at all. And I just last night I attached a flannel double fold binding on a flannel quilt using that foot - no accufeed, and it performed beautifully. That foot was only about $12.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CGgQ8wIwBA#
Old 01-22-2012, 11:50 PM

Dandish,
I hear you. I thought the Horizon was a beautiful machine. If I didnt have the trouble sewing over a simple intersecting seam I would have decided to buy it. I was dissapponted. And yes I could have the tech look at the machine and make sure this would not be an issue with my purchase, but I just was not up for anything iffy. We tried all three of the feet you mention, plus the regular all purpose foot and none of them worked on either machine at both dealerships. The 6600 does everything I need it to do. Im so happy that your machine works flawlessly and Im sure that many people feel and have experienced this too. I am getting the FMQ foot that comes with the 7700 for the 6600 it is so great!
and also some other feet. Including the accufeed feet.
Happy Sewing!
Thanks for all the good advice.
Nancy