Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
POWERFUL lightweight iron >

POWERFUL lightweight iron

POWERFUL lightweight iron

Old 09-11-2013, 02:54 AM

Red face POWERFUL lightweight iron

Does any of you have a POWEFUL lightweight iron, one that heats up really hot but is not so heavy? My rowenta is loosing power and it's time for a new iron and was wondering if there was such a thing out there? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 09-11-2013, 03:36 AM

I love that you get that it's the heat, not the weight that gets the job done with our pressing!

I too have a Rowenta (a gift from hubby about five years ago) that gets plenty hot, but it is a heavy bugger! I have had Black & Decker irons in the past that get very hot, but are lightweight. I got them at Walmart and was very happy with them. You might try going there (or to a similar store) and pick them up and see what you think about the weight.

Since I don't use steam in my iron (I use a spritzer bottle if I want the steam effect), my next iron will be this one:
http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s...Dry_Iron/42277
Old 09-11-2013, 04:16 AM

I really like my black and decker. Have had it for several years.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by Suzette316 View Post
I love that you get that it's the heat, not the weight that gets the job done w
ith our pressing!

Since I don't use steam in my iron (I use a spritzer bottle if I want the steam effect), my next iron will be this one:
I have this iron, and really like it.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

Why wait until you need an iron to get another one? I have three irons I use the most. A Black and Decker Classic, the Continential Dry iron and a EuroPro that's big and steams great for bigger pressing jobs. I have a Reliable iron but my DD borrowed it so I probably won't get it back, she presses her clothes everyday and loves it. I have an old Sunbeam iron that still works great that I take to our guild classes when we need extra irons. All these irons get very hot. Reliable iron is the lighter of them.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:30 AM

I like my cheap Sunbeam that I bought at Target. It is lightweight and hot. I got a new one this summer. It has the retractable cord. I still like the old cheaper one better.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
Why wait until you need an iron to get another one? I have three irons I use the most. A Black and Decker Classic, the Continential Dry iron and a EuroPro that's big and steams great for bigger pressing jobs. I have a Reliable iron but my DD borrowed it so I probably won't get it back, she presses her clothes everyday and loves it. I have an old Sunbeam iron that still works great that I take to our guild classes when we need extra irons. All these irons get very hot. Reliable iron is the lighter of them.
Bella, how do you like your Continental? I almost ordered one but the short 5 ft. cord stopped me.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by Suzette316 View Post
I love that you get that it's the heat, not the weight that gets the job done with our pressing!

I too have a Rowenta (a gift from hubby about five years ago) that gets plenty hot, but it is a heavy bugger! I have had Black & Decker irons in the past that get very hot, but are lightweight. I got them at Walmart and was very happy with them. You might try going there (or to a similar store) and pick them up and see what you think about the weight.

I bought that dry iron from Vermont Country Store, too and I love it!!!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Power Poster

So far I like the dry iron. I use the iron for all applique and fusibles. No holes make the sole plate very easy to clean. The 5ft cord hasn't been a problem for me. It's plugged into a power strip. I don't use it for all my pressing. I have three irons on my ironing big board iron ready to use.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:06 AM

Thank you!