Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm in Shock!!

Hi Carol - some of the fabrics in our LQS's are more expensive, just kinda depends. I wished you would have had time to go to a Mulqueens store. They have some priced that high but mostly their fabric is 5.95 yd or 6.95??dont quote me on that :) I only buy the good stuff if its for someone special. Everything is so expensive anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSevenYearStitch
    WHY?!?!?!?! Why are they doing this to us?!?!?!?! I've noticed prices spiking and fewer and fewer good sales! WHY?!?!?!?

Okay, the screaming demon is out now....
    Cotton shortage is part and gas prices the rest. I'm just glad that I buy from the discontinued racks....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just found some at Hobby Lobby for $10.99...my days of buying fabric are so over...even the online sales are bad...$6.00 yd is NOT a sale..especially when it is fabric that they were selling for $3.95 just a few months back!

nope..time to actually USE my stash....

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    My LQS's highest price is $7.99/yd. It's amazing as to what some prices are.

and they wonder why handmade items are becoming something of the past. I wonder how high fabric is going to hit before I begin scouring thrift/consignment stores for nice outfits in good cotton to cut up for quilts--LOL

Yes, it is the economy. We were warned to "buy underwear and cotton socks for under the Christmas tree" last year because the price of cotton was going to be one of the first things to sky rocket in this economic mess that is going on now. CUT, CAP, AND BALANCE or it will get worse.

I live in Oregon -- prices are around $10.50 to $11.50. I was in Philadelphia in May - Prices were $6.50 to $7.50......the area the store is located in DOES make a difference!!!

Barrell prices do affect fabric prices to an extent, in addition to other factors (we were warned... http://money.cnn.com/2010/09/09/news...ices/index.htm ). Alsok the manufacturing process includes many chemical and petrochemical treatments and finishes. Unless you buy organic cotton, but who can afford that either?

Yep and in Victoria, Australia as well some are dearer than that..and have you tried to buy perle crotchet cotton in balls..I use it for stitcheries I get it from America half the price even with postage added on.

Blog Entries
    fabric like everything else is out of sight

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast