Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Incorporating celtic designs

Does anybody know how I can incorporate a lot of celtic designs that I have saved on my computer. The simplest way would be preferred as I am a very new quilter.

Thank you
    Barbara

I think the easiest way would be to use fusible bias tape. I haven't tried it, but have seen some spectacular results of friends that did.

:-)

sue

I think you'll need to go with paper piecing because celtic designs are usually too detailed to use conventional patchwork piecing. S.

Blog Entries
    paper piecing wouldn't work for most celtic designs. lots of round corners in the knots. the knots and other celtic art cries out for applique, i'm afraid.

lin
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    ...the knots and other celtic art cries out for applique, i'm afraid.
    I agree. And I like the idea of the fusible bias tape. You can either apply the designs, or you might try using them as quilting designs. I did one king-size quilt using only a variety of celtic designs such as knots and feathers. It turned out pretty.

I actually have a Quilter's World magazine that showed how to do Celtic designs. They showed how to do it with fusible bias tape.

Has any one made one? I would like to see what it is you would do in so many various ways. :?:

Well, I haven't done any Celtic knots, but I guess I can give an example of one. This one looks fairly intricate.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~kandice/images/celtic.gif

Earlier this summer, I ordered a book from Amazon.com that was pieced Celtic Quilts. I can't find it at the moment (remodeled a room for a sewing room now all my "stuff" is still in the process of being found and organized so I am having a problem findying anything) but if you did a serch for Celtic Quilts ast Amazon you should be able to find it. They had some really sharp quilts using bright colors or batiks with a black background. If I come across it, I will post the name and author. They seemed to be easy enough thagt you didn't have to be an expert.
    Cathy H

Another way might be to use the designs as quilting motifs.

Lee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast