Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Interfacing what to use it for

I bought two rolls of interfacing for a project but found it didnt turn out like I had hoped Does anyone know of any good uses for medium weight sew in interfacing.I was thinking of maybe to use as paper piecing like grandmothers flower garden any suggestions would be great

Blog Entries
    I think that medium weight interfacing would be too stiff to leave in a quilt. It would be ok to leave in a wall hanging, though. I would reserve it for tote bags or other such projects.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by christina d
    I bought two rolls of interfacing for a project but found it didnt turn out like I had hoped Does anyone know of any good uses for medium weight sew in interfacing.I was thinking of maybe to use as paper piecing like grandmothers flower garden any suggestions would be great
    Medium weight interfacing would be good in purses or tote bags where you wanted some body to them. The problem with using it for paper piecing is that you wouldn't be able to remove it, as it won't tear away. You could also use it in table runners instead of batting. It would give you body without the bulkiness of batting.

On the back of T-shirts and clothes quilt.

I bought interfacing today ... the medium was stiffer than the heavy! Go figure!! :)

Neither were anywhere near as crisp and stiff as interfacing used to be ... IMHO!

While I bought it for another purpose, I was thinking it'd be a good stable fabric for foundation piecing and string quilts.