Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: An Iron I Can Recommend

Blog Entries
    i bought a Shark Professional the other day. i was a bit hesitant because of the price ($49.95 before tax, title and options).

this is one suweeeeeeeeeet iron! all the bells & whistles ring and toot.

the only thing left to find out is whether or not it can stand up to abuse and neglect. i'm very hard on irons. :roll:

Thanks Patrice, my iron was acting up yesterday so I may be shopping sooner than I would like to be.

Keep us informed, I too am hard on irons.

In the middle of the forest, In The middle of North Carolina
    I have a thing about knocking them off, Could you knock it off a few times, and then let me know how it does? LOL

show us a pic and where was it purchased? :lol:

A couple of years ago, my husband bought me (at my suggestion) the new Maytag cordless iron for $99.00. What a WASTE of money. First, the steam compartment started leaking, so I sealed it up. Then, having to wait for the iron to keep rewarming was a real pain. Finally, the teflon coating started pealing off and the constant water that leaked out rusted the metal. The iron now sits in the trash.

For Christmas, I asked my husband for a new iron. (I haven't decided if that was a BIG mistake or not because I told him to surprise me this time.)

He gave me a Rowenta. I haven't used it yet, but I am hoping it is going to last. I wanted the one that lifted off the table (that I saw on a Fons and Porter show), but was too unsure of how it was going to perform over the long-haul to suggest it.

I have heard great things about shark. It will definitely be on my list when the Rowenta dies. My MIL gave me a travel one she got as a gift. It is great and is just an itty bitty thing.

I love my little Rowenta travel iron with steam. It is light and dosnt distort your piecwork. It dosnt get as hot as a big iron so not good for pressing large pieces of fabric but for piecework it is perfect.

Blog Entries
    i bought it at WalMart. where else could i go at 4 in the morning? :lol:

here is their description: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...#ProductDetail

i may have to downgrade that recommendation to "maybe". judging by the reviews i read at one site, it's the greatest thing since crunchy peanut butter on sliced raisin bread - for a while. lots of complaints that it doesn't last long enough.

of course, none of them say whether or how often they'd dropped it; did they turn it off when they weren't using it; did they drain the water when they were done using it; or did they do any of the other things that we're supposed to do if we treat our irons well.

i'll be thrilled if it lasts more than a year. the only iron i've ever had that lasted longer than that was my dear but recently departed black & decker classic. (i'm holding on to it. maybe it just needs a vacation and will magically work again in a week or so. :lol: )

i'd like to say i'll take better care of it than i have its predecessors but i know me too well. :roll:

I'm looking for a new iron. I'll have to check this one out.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast