Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, January 20, 2013

Blog Entries
    Outstanding first quilt - love the colors.

Quote Originally Posted by marsharini View Post
    This is my first attempt at a quilt, so today I'm going to put it together and do in-the-ditch machine quilting.

Attachment 389328Here is the quilt top; I'll post my progress later today since I won't be able to start this until after Noon ET. I'm looking forward to seeing what others have in the works.

~Marsha
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

Blog Entries
    last night i cut out most of a wallhanging for valentines day. i'll be sewing it together today. it's a controlled scrappy. i got the hst's sewed and squared last night.
    Name:  001.JPG
Views: 552
Size:  198.7 KB
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-20-2013 at 05:14 AM.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Good morning all! My goal is to finish Months 6, 7, and 8 from a 2011 BOM. Will check back in after lunch. I'm off to church in a little while and then will start actually working this afternoon.
    Heather

Looks like everyone has great projects in mind.
    I want to finish my DS Stormtrooper quilt. I saw one made of crochet granny squares on Pinterest and decided to make it from fabric. I'm quilting it with invisible thread which is giving me fits!
    Figure out how to post pictures from my IPad.
    Have a great day quilting pals!
    Holly

Count me in! I'm going to cut out the pieces for my KS quilt for my QS bed. I want it to be a bedspread to the floor. I measured and it should be perfect. The pattern is called Walkabout by Connecting Threads. I'm probably only going to get it cut out today and then maybe I'll make a bag or something small. I can't really start sewing on that giant quilt for 2 weeks as I'm having company and they sleep in my sewing/guest room. :-/ That's ok though- we are really looking forward to their visit so I'm happy to put my project on hold.

If my pictures attached like I think they did, the purple one is the pattern and the yellow, green, and brown/burnt red/yellow/green will be my quilt. My BR is buttercream yellow with brown, burnt red and green accents, with green curtains. I can't wait to see it in my room! I'll be sending this to a LA'er for sure.

Happy VQD to all!!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by himnherr; 01-20-2013 at 05:24 AM.

OK, this reminds me to get up off my A$$ and go upstairs and finish quilting a 99x88 quilt to go to victims of Hurricane Sandy. Why do I need this reminder??? Ah well, be back later. til then, I'll be quilting then binding this piece.
    Laurie in NYC

Blog Entries
    Just having a tipple after mu midday meal with a few blocks of chocolate. Project so far half finished.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Finished is better than a UFO

Blog Entries
    my goal is to finish cutting out a quilt, and hopefully start piecing! i have to clean the house though...having overnight guest the middle of the week.....

My goal today is to finish the circle of geese Craftsy BOM from Oct (only lack 1/4 paper piece then put together) and add the 2nd and 3rd borders to my Baltimore Halloween quilt. SS this morning then my DH is watching football this afternoon so i quilt. Thx for the virtual push.

[QUOTE=grann of 6;5798917]Good morning VQers. My goal today is to just get something accomplished.

I totally agree! My goal today is to sew something - anything - just get to the sewing machine! Good luck everyone!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast