Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, February 17, 2013

It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, February 17, 2013

Hi all!!

Sorry for the late posting today, been a crazy morning!!! There are a few updates from today in this thread:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...t213629-2.html

But tell us what you are working on today here!! Be sure to check in and let us know how it is going through out the day!! No rules, join in whenever, just offer up encouragement for others every so often too!! Pictures are always appreciated!!

Cheers!
    Rachel

There you are! I just posted about my first attempts at making flying geese on the other thread - wish me luck!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Good luck!! They seem harder than they really are.

Rachel

I have been sewing off and on since 6 am. I am working on our 2012 mystery block challenge. I was able to keep up with the blocks throughout the year, and now I am putting the blocks together. Part of the challenge was to use scraps or only material we had on hand. I inheriated my mom's scraps, so this quilt is extra special to me.

Great to "see" you Rachel. Glad it was just a crazy day delaying you.

Reposting here. I finished binding 2 of my 3 baby quilts. Now on to a top I cut out before Christmas, and then to see how much of this list I can get done today. There is a new quilt nagging at me, so I might get derailed before too long.

1. bind 3 baby quilts
    2. cut out a wallhanging for my "cold wall"
    3. put together a quilt I cut out before Christmas
    4. work on my embroidery project

Name:  P2170618_small.JPG
Views: 1715
Size:  48.1 KB
    Last edited by kristakz; 02-17-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    Finally found you. I have sandwiched all four of my QFKs, and am now quilting one. Took a break for lunch, but back to the grindstone shortly.

Blog Entries
    Good afternoon everyone. Well I'm finally gaetting started on the hat for my project today. Will post pic in a little bit.
    have a good day everyone. Looking forward to see what gets accomplished.
    peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

My seminole is 3/4 done, one side left to go. I would post a pic but can't figure out towhen replying to a thread. Computer challenged and no kids at home! Can't wait to get this border DONE!!!

NE California - no where near the Bay Area!
    I'm working on quilting this runner I started Friday afternoon. I finished piecing it last night about 9:30 and today is dedicated to quilting it and possibly adding the binding. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...r-t214060.html

I'm working on another scrappy, a double irish chain variation. This one for a boy so no florals in it, using dots, stripes, geometrics, solids. 14 blocks done this morning so far. Sewing strips for more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jeanann

Theres nothing wrong with me a little chocolate won't fix.

Well, I have the Christmas quilt top done. It was going to be a twister quilt but I like the way the 10" blocks look right now so it might just stay that way! Will post pictures later when I get a few other things done. Sounds like people are getting a lot done so far.
    Heather

Good morning and happy quilting day! I'm working on the strips I prepared yesterday to make a hobo-style bag. First I have to sew batting inside all these "tubes."

I will be in the Annex today.

This week is quilt all the quilts I am working on for my son and his family. I started last night and will finish up Sayra's today. Then start on either Koressa's or Darrien's after that.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Good afternoon everyone. I finished one block of my swap blocks. Only 15 more to go. But not today.
    Today I will square Up and put the binding on a Dallas cowboy quilt for a friend. Then I want to get a baby quilt set up for quilting. Then I will make as many blocks as I can for another friend's quilt. That should take me to the end of my sewing time for today.

Working on machine quilting a care quilt, hope to get the binding machine stitched on & will finish that by hand later. Will decide what my next project will be once I get to that point. Nice to see everyone working away, looking forward to pictures later.

Back from Mass and then a pizza buffet. Now will get into my sewing room to do a little purging to make room for quilty things. It's a multi-purpose room -- very cluttered with scrapbooking, home office, storage, and sewing. The room is much too small for any of this, so will take things out today -- focusing on Christmas decorations, etc. Can use the closet space for fabric still in bags and storage boxes. Feel like I'm hanging out my dirty laundry by saying this online. Last week purged out the scraps of batting and friends' scraps from purging HER sewing stash. These were sent to a friend who makes things for the humane society. So I'll be thinking about all of the pretties that you are all making while I'm deep in my clutter.

BTW, it's too beautiful a sun shiny day to be stuck in a cluttered room and closet. But c'est la vie!
    One step at a time, always forward.

Blog Entries
    Got the wonky log cabin quilt blocks top sewn together, yeah!! Only 5 years old. Just washed the border material, will finish this one this week. Now will start on the batik gemstones quilt for dgd's college grad.
    If life gives you lemons, make a margarita.

Hi All you Virtual Quilters

Hi I'm Donna from Indiana and I am working for the Chain of Stars Mystery Quilt from Craftsy. I am not very far, I am only on Clue 2. I hope to get through Clue 3 today. Good luck with your projects.
    DonnaR
    Grammy to Isaiah and Ruth

Happy quilting!! I will be working on grandsons Christmas gift...a really cute quilt with dog faces, and scrappy blocks, and I am so excited!! More info later!!!!!!
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Well tried to get some paper piecing done but ended up making to many mistakes so gave up. Will try again later.

Slogging along on Easy Street here; drawing diagonal lines on 2" purple squares. That's step 4, I think.
    http://www.thingsthatarenotperfect.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    i have a table runner to make, a purple doll quilt, and something else i can't remember. what do you bet that one won't get done??!!? meanwhile, dh is putting together a sewing machine cabinet that will be less than an inch too small which irks me since the description said it would fit my machine. all together now, loud and proud, "GRRRRRRRR!!!" thanks, couldn't have done it without you! i feel better! (ok, not totally, but i feel less alone.)
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

On the river,
    I like your blocks. I haven't done an Irish Chain quilt but its on my to-do list. Maybe I will use my MIL stash for that one.

I have my baby quilt sandwiched and will sew it and turn it at halftime of Gophers and Hawkeyes men's basketball game. Go Gophers!

Blog Entries
    I have been working on my "Cabins in the Cotton" blocks. I bought the book in 2005 and found it while looking for some motivation. I will post some progress pictures later this afternoon.
    Happy Quilting.

Progress check; I have gotten the long borders on the quilt. Thought it would take an hour, been 2-1/2 so far. Just need to iron and the top is done.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lynda Rae

"One who makes no mistakes -- never makes anything!" Author Unknown

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast