Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilt Day This Sunday, February 17, 2012 .... Get Ready!!

Blog Entries
    I shall be there as I need to finish a baby quilt and start to. Quilt another set of blocks. See you sunday
    Finished is better than a UFO

I will be there after lunch, my FIL is celebrating his 96 birthday with a family lunch so i will join when i get home after that. I have one quilt top finished and another that I am aiming to have finished for Sunday so I will sandwich them both and get started on the quilting, they are my UFO's to finish for this month. See you Sunday

I have a top to quilt, I'll do it Sunday.
    Mary

Tomorrow is the big day!! Time to get everything together and ready for some sewing tomorrow!! Be sure to look for a new thread to be started tomorrow an post in that one!

Rachel

Blog Entries
    Just been shopping for backing material soi'm ready for tomorrow.

Blog Entries
    I'll be here. I have 4 QFKS in various stages, so will be working on them, and maybe starting on some new stuff. I love these VQDs, I get lots done.

This sounds like fun- I am working on a string/crazy patch wall hanging in blues. I will post pics.

I will need to leave to visit my dad for a while but my goal is to start catching up on some Farmer's Wife club blocks. I am waaaaay behind!
    Deanne Ellen

Quilts,Books,and Wine,Oh My!

Does cleaning and straightening my studio after 3 straight projects with no cleanup between count? I surely could use some motivation to put everything back in its place before I start the next project. I could post before, during and after photos . I think that will make me stay on task.

I will be joining you but maybe not quilting. My gf needs a dress fixed for a fund raiser. She is dancing with some students to raise funds for the Future Teacher program in our high school. She got the dress on Friday and I have no idea if it fits her but it should didn't look like it would on Friday. We are going to the fabric store to get some black (It is red with one of those ugly outside black zipper) I will cut it up the sides and insert panels on each side.

If I get some time I may machine quilt the borders on my son's quilt. The main body is hand quilted but I want to machine quilt the borders. I also have to think about a quilt for a fundraiser and I may pull fabric for that. The local high school is doing Grease and I did see some car fabric with route 66 on it but I don't think it would go. I have to think about it.

Blog Entries
    I will be joining in tomorrow. I started a Cabins in the Cotton quilt today and it is going together pretty fast.
    Happy Quilting.

Count me in after lunch. I'm working of a simple scrappy for one of my SIL's. I have a bunch of charm packs that are screaming out to me. I'll look tonight for a pattern that uses 5" charms. My husband will be gone til later in the day so I'll have the afternoon to myself. Looking forward to it!

I am so excited..I am here early
    I am working on 2 swap blocks. I am going to try to get at least one done before midnight tonight. For sure tomorrow I want to fire up the long arm and get that baby HUMMING again. Also have some dog beds to finish for the rescue shelter, but that depends on my cranky serger which has been giving me fits. Tata for now....happy stitching!!

I'll be joining in after church. I'll br working on Easy Street. I've got two more blocks to put together then have to assemble the side triangles and put it together on point.

I have joined in and I have set myself a Scrap challenge and that is to use EVERY piece of fabric as I quilt. I am making a Scrappy Prairie Chicken and using my 2" squares that I have save forever as sashing. The bits n pieces left over from the Chicken I will be using for "Crumb" quilt blocks and all the bits n pieces of threads and trimmings are going into a Pillowcase as new bed for my Fur-baby ready for our new car in May. So today I have started with completing the 1st t blocks will post pics later.

Blog Entries
    Can't find the new thread, so I'll post here for now. I have 4 QFKs to sandwich and quilt. Since my long arm is still out of commission, I will quilt them on the sewing machine. I have a double slice layer cake top to finish. Just have to sew the final halves together, but this is a big one with 2 layer cakes, so it will take a while to do. Then I need to straighten up the sewing studio before I start on anything else. Will try to post pics later.

Blog Entries
    Hi gran of 6
    I have been waiting for the thread and same as you can not find it. So will post. I'm ready to go
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DOTTYMO; 02-17-2013 at 04:41 AM. Reason: No photo came

Blog Entries
    Eventually one photo came . This picture shows location of a applique honey pot for the baby bee quilt . Hopefully will fi ll this block.
    Last edited by DOTTYMO; 02-17-2013 at 04:47 AM. Reason: No photo

Blog Entries
    How cute, Dottymo! I don't do applique unless I can do it on the embroidery machine. I did many years of appliqueing my kids' clothes. I have arthritis in my hands and wrists, so handwork is pretty much out of the question any more. But I love using the embroidery machine for embroidery and applique. Well, off to the basement to get these tops sandwiched.

BTW, if you find the thread before I do, please post it here.

Blog Entries
    Good morning everyone. A big day ahead of me full of sewing. I have untill March 4th for the party stuff! Trying to stay ahead of the game.

1. Make a hat for BD girl surprise party
    2. Decorations for party
    3. Work on "My Brain on Fabric" quilt which is almost done
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Oh count me in. It does motivate us. I won't get a full day of sewing in but I hope to get something done.
    I got a king size top that just needs one more row.
    A Christmas lap quilt top that needs a border
    A green lap quilt top that needs a border.
    4 scrappy strips lap quilts to complete.
    I do plan to sew tomoorow all day so that will be fun.

I'll be quilting off/on throughout the day. I'm quilting a small lap quilt/wall hanging for my mother. It was supposed to be a lap quilt. I used charm packs for the first time and only used one,therefore it's a very small lap quilt. My husband saw it and thinks it should be a wall hanging.

My mom is 97 and at that age who knows how much longer she'll be with us. I've been quilting three years and made baby quilts for my grandchildren. So it's her turn. She may never use it, but at least she has a quilt from me.

I'm in, and like all of you still looking for the new thread. Here are the plans for today:
    1. bind 3 baby quilts
    2. cut out a wallhanging for my "cold wall"
    3. put together a quilt I cut out before Christmas
    4. work on my embroidery project

I doubt that will all get done, but it's always good to have a plan. Have to break in the middle to grocery shop - my oldest is home from university and requested a special dinner for tomorrow night so I should probably feed him

I am just about to stop for something to eat but this is my progress so far.

2 blocks of the Prairie Chicken put together with 2" scrappy sashing. Saw this in a recently purchsed book and must admit to loving the look, and use of the zillion squares that I have!

The 2nd pic is the progress of Muffin's new bed for the car, that should be able to be finished in the next day or so, she will be thrilled as she loves these cosy beds

Blog Entries
    I have one top all pinned and ready to quilt. Three more to pin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast