Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It's Virtual Quilt Day!!  Today - Sunday, January 20, 2013 >

It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's Virtual Quilt Day!! Today - Sunday, January 20, 2013

Old 01-20-2013, 02:55 PM

You all motivated me to finish cutting out the remainder of the pieces I need for a quilt for my BIL. The fabric quantity was listed wrong in the pattern so I had to order another yard and a half. I ordered the wrong shade - figures! I reordered and waited. And waited. Finally got my fabric Wednesday. It has been since the Wednesday before New Years that I have been trying to get the right fabric. Anyhoo, I am well on my way to finishing the 6 remaining blocks I need.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:00 PM

Got two rows of 5 blocks each sewn to sashing strip, and am having to rip out one seam because my vertical sashings don't line up! Arrgh!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:02 PM

Done for the day on that project, I might do a bit of applique on a different quilt later. All ready for the end borders. This was fun and motivating. Love all of your projects, I'm inspired to try quite a few that I saw. Thanks!!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:04 PM

This was my first VQD and it's amazing to see what everyone is accomplishing.

I stopped a bit ago because DH made roast chicken with all the fixings for our Sunday dinner. Didn't think it would be cool to ask him to delay so I could finish my goal for the day.

I did complete FMQ of a Linus quilt and got the binding partially finished. This was my first time trying fusible thread in the bobbin when attaching the binding to eliminate pinning or clamping and I'm happy with the results.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:41 PM

So much progress. These VQDs are great. I would not have quilted so much, if not for the encouragement of knowing everyone else was out there. I finished putting together the rows for Dancing with the Stars, and the border fabric is in the dryer.

My other project - hundreds of triangles - is almost a top. I need to start dinner, but I think afterwards I'll be able to go up and finish that top too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]389551[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1200558.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 03:47 PM

Wow Krista, what a gorgeous quilt top! So colorful and I love the two tone sashings in different colors.

Still working on my shamrock wall hangings.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:50 PM

I just cut out 70 5x5" squares for a quilt that will have no sashing because I want it to look like a composit of of microscopic photograghs. About 20 minutes ago I went brain dead and had to quit.
Old 01-20-2013, 04:25 PM

Well I got all the strip sets sewed together that I needed to do for the middle of my current project, a OBW. This is my first time working with all triangles and it took a while, lots of pinning and slow sewing. All that is left to do today is pressing for a few projects.
Attached Thumbnails middle.jpg  
Old 01-20-2013, 04:33 PM

The untidy seam has now been resewn and looks much better, so I'm calling it quits for the day. Time to start looking for something to eat (we have a few leftovers).

It was really interesting to see everyone's projects. Some were fabulous and look really complicated! I hope I can reach that level of expertise!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:38 PM

Finished quilting the second baby quilt and not getting ready to sew binding down on both of them. Then wash/dry and ready to give away. Co-worker m/b first time grandmother of twins. They don't know for sure so just decided to make two quilts...just in case.