Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jamone vs Kenmore needles

Blog Entries
    I read that you can use the kenmore sewing needles for the Jamone sewing machines. I had my husband pick up a few while he was at sears last week. I finally broke a needle so I put in the Kenmore one...it works...so if you need needles for your Jamone its another option for you. I have not looked to see if its cheaper. I am just glad I can pop into Sears when I need them..... I just checked...they are cheaper. The ones at sears are only 4.99 a pack

Senior Member Blue's quilting mama's Avatar
    Kenmore sewing machines are made by Janome. My Kenmore is identical to the Janome I was going to buy.

Blog Entries
    Most machines these days use standard type needles that are interchangeable. I have used Schmetz and Klasse needles in my Janomes, Brother and now Babylock machine with no problem.

Blog Entries
    I had a Kenmore prior to my Janome...I really liked it...wonderful workhorse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue's quilting mama
    Kenmore sewing machines are made by Janome. My Kenmore is identical to the Janome I was going to buy.

Blog Entries
    Janome, Brother, and Kenmore are made by the same company. That's why Kenmore is back to being the quality machine it use to be. Top of the line Kenmores are excellent machines, cost hundreds less, and worth taking a look at.

i find most all machines will work with the same needle

Needles are standardized across the industry now. I just wish they would standardize sewing machine feet!

Glad this posting was started. Just bought some Kenmore bobbins last week and this is so funny because I was passing through the store and saw the sewing department.

Being curious I took a quick browse. They had clear bobbins but there was no "class" identified on the package front or back. Previously, in buying clear bobbins I had to note that they are not the same. One type has a curved surface and the other type is flat. They are not inter-changeable. Ask me how I know.

Took them home and [at least for me] these flat ones fit my Janome.
    Yipee, a package is half the cost of the others from the local sewing/repair shop.
    Hush, let us not tell or the price will be raised. :-)

Blog Entries
    I was wondering about the bobbins...I have a friend with an older brothers and that did not work in my Kenmore. I wonder if the Kenmore bobbins with fit in my janome...time to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by phatquilts2
    Glad this posting was started. Just bought some Kenmore bobbins last week and this is so funny because I was passing through the store and saw the sewing department.

Being curious I took a quick browse. They had clear bobbins but there was no "class" identified on the package front or back. Previously, in buying clear bobbins I had to note that they are not the same. One type has a curved surface and the other type is flat. They are not inter-changeable. Ask me how I know.

Took them home and [at least for me] these flat ones fit my Janome.
    Yipee, a package is half the cost of the others from the local sewing/repair shop.
    Hush, let us not tell or the price will be raised. :-)

Yes--bobbins are another thing I wish was standardized!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast