Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Horizon 7700 QCP >

Janome Horizon 7700 QCP

Janome Horizon 7700 QCP

Old 02-28-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by carolaug
The bobbin case is that the blue bobbin case?? or something else? I haven't bought anything for the bobbin but think I need to. Please let me know what you bought.
Yes, the bobbin case with the blue dot. I got my dealer to throw that and the binding tool in with my deal.

Do you have the new O2 foot? And if you do, does it still hesitate going over seams? I read here that if you use the A foot and set the needle at 5.5 it'll give you perfect 1/4 inch seams and no hesitation - worked very well for me - but I still am anxious to try the new O2 foot.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:15 PM

There's a search button at the top of the page. LOTS of topic threads on this machine. All you have to do is look. You'll find lots of info :)
Old 02-28-2011, 06:19 PM

Great!!! I am going to get that bobbin case. I also have the binding tool but havn't figuredd it out yet...I do have the o2 foot and that works well. Thanks for the tip on the 5.5 to set the needle. I was using 3.7 Thank you so much for these tips!!
Originally Posted by Dandish
Originally Posted by carolaug
The bobbin case is that the blue bobbin case?? or something else? I haven't bought anything for the bobbin but think I need to. Please let me know what you bought.
Yes, the bobbin case with the blue dot. I got my dealer to throw that and the binding tool in with my deal.

Do you have the new O2 foot? And if you do, does it still hesitate going over seams? I read here that if you use the A foot and set the needle at 5.5 it'll give you perfect 1/4 inch seams and no hesitation - worked very well for me - but I still am anxious to try the new O2 foot.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:21 PM

double post
Old 02-28-2011, 06:21 PM

That 5.5 is with the A foot, not the 1/4 inch of course. Just didn't want any broken needles/jammed machine! :)

Have you tried the accufeed? That seems like it'll pull anything through it!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:24 PM

Sometimes its a bit hard to use. I was going to ask the deal about it. It seemed like it worked great in the beginning. I may be doing something wrong. It does sew quilt pieces like a dream...very fast and quiet. I love FMQ'ing on it also. I do wish there were more info and tips and tricks. I have researched alot. Not too much out there but a few good sites.
That 5.5 is with the A foot, not the 1/4 inch of course. Just didn't want any broken needles/jammed machine! :)

Have you tried the accufeed? That seems like it'll pull anything through it!

When you tested the machine, was it sitting on a sturdy top or on a plastic table? That would contribute to noisiness. Most of the Janome machines I have had have not been nearly as noisy as the Brothers, Vikings and Singers I have used.

We got your message LDJ. Most of those are older, but still very useful. Thanks.

We are just excited about our machines and it's fun to have a more current discussion.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:26 PM

I recently did some SID with the accufeed - it was fantastic.

There really isn't a lot out there as far as instruction. I can go in to my dealer anytime for learning, but he's 45 minutes away and it's hard to squeeze it in.

I'm still waiting for my table to come in, too, it was on backorder. It was also part of the package.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:33 PM

Here is a good FMQing link for the Janome. http://freemotionquilting.blogspot.com/ My husband said the dealer told him I can come down anytime just need to call first. I reallly do need to make the time. same issue...45 min drive and work all day. Let me know how you like the table. I did not purchase that. I figure I can get it later. How do you like the binding tool?? Have you used it?
I recently did some SID with the accufeed - it was fantastic.

There really isn't a lot out there as far as instruction. I can go in to my dealer anytime for learning, but he's 45 minutes away and it's hard to squeeze it in.

I'm still waiting for my table to come in, too, it was on backorder. It was also part of the package.