Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Janomes stolen

Just got this alert from my dealer:

"We are sad to report that an entire cargo container of JANOME Memory Craft 11000SE machines valued at over $1.7 million dollars was stolen on its way to the JANOME warehouse in New Jersey. We have a list of all of the serial numbers, and just want to caution you that if you happen to see a JANOME Memory Craft 11000SE for sale on the internet, you are probably looking at stolen goods and the FBI will be looking at it, too. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Paramount."

So beware if you see a too-good-to-be-true deal on the Internet. If it turns out to be one of the stolen machines, I am pretty sure the police can confiscate it and you will be out your money and the machine.

LeAnne

My mama always said, if it looks too good to be true,
    it probably is!

Blog Entries
    Sad that people do things like this. :-(

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwilter11
    Just got this alert from my dealer:

"We are sad to report that an entire cargo container of JANOME Memory Craft 11000SE machines valued at over $1.7 million dollars was stolen on its way to the JANOME warehouse in New Jersey. We have a list of all of the serial numbers, and just want to caution you that if you happen to see a JANOME Memory Craft 11000SE for sale on the internet, you are probably looking at stolen goods and the FBI will be looking at it, too. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Paramount."
    LeAnne
    WOW!!! I hope they are caught. I wonder if they even knew what was in the container before they opened it?
    I sure love my Janome 11000SE

Quote Originally Posted by kwilter11
    If it turns out to be one of the stolen machines, I am pretty sure the police can confiscate it and you will be out your money and the machine.

LeAnne
    Yep. Just because you didn't know it was stolen when you bought it doesn't mean you get to keep it. Sucks if it happens to you but that's how the law is.

Yikes.

how sad. i hope that no one gets taken on a too good deal. I also do hope that if some people are buying the stolen goods that the company might see it as a great PR op and maybe give a discount code of sort or something like that to those poor people who thought they were getting a good deal on something.

My best friends husband is an investigator with UPS Freight. Have heard many strange stories from him about theft on a large scale like the one above. Most of the stuff that he investigates are "inside" jobs.

I'll have to ask him if he's heard about this one.

Now we have to ask the question:

Did one of us mastermind this theft?

Nah...

why can't everyone in this world just make an honest living, really!!! Even to hear of stolen quilts just sickens me..

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast