Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Juki DX7 >

Juki DX7

Juki DX7

Old 05-25-2016, 08:57 AM

Default Juki DX7

Hi, All,

Has anyone gotten their hands on the newest Juki? The HZL-DX7? It was only released a couple of months ago and I remember someone posted on here before the New Year, wondering when it was coming out, but I don't think I've seen any posts about this machine since then.

I have a Juki F400 that I'm thinking of trading in for the HZL-DX7. Anyone have the DX5 or DX7 and can you report back?

Thanks,
A
Old 05-25-2016, 09:15 AM

Hi! I've had my DX-7 for about six weeks now. I love it. I have used it for piecing, FMQ, applying binding and decorative stitching on crazy quilt blocks. This is my first computerized machine.

I love the setting for a scant 1/4 in. seam. The height-adjustable quilting foot is great. I also appreciate the stitch-in-the-ditch foot. The machine is very quiet, and the needle threader actually works. I was never able to get the one on my Juki TL2010Q to work ...

I have used different threads, cotton, polyester, embroidery, metallic, with no problem.

I just wish they had made the harp larger. There is 8 in. to the right of the needle, but the harp is not very high. Quilting a large project might be a little difficult, but could be managed I suppose. I will use the TL2010Q for large projects.

I'm not sure what the differences are between the F400 and the DX-7. You may already have many of the features of the newer machine. The newer machine may have additional feet and more decorative stitches. I'm not sure.

Do let us know if you decide to go with the DX-7.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:43 AM

Hi, Patricia,

Thanks so much for the response! I have a call out to my nearest Juki dealer to check on trade-in values. There are some upgrades between the F series and the DX series (I think Juki's intention is to basically replace the F series with the DX series). The float function is new on the DX series, along with a few other things.

I also have a TL2010, but almost always prefer my F400 instead. I agree with you that the harp size is better on the TL2010, but the feet for the TL2010 are expensive and I've also never gotten the automatic threader to work. I'm thinking of including my TL2010 with the trade-in value to up the ante a little. I hate to give up that machine, but I so rarely use it..... Other than the better harp size, are you still glad to own the TL?

Thanks,
A
Old 05-25-2016, 09:45 AM

For anyone interested, I found this release from Juki that clarifies what's new about the DX series:

https://www.juki.co.jp/ir_e/pdf/n150917e.pdf
Old 05-25-2016, 10:05 AM

The beginning of this year I decided to start saving up for a Juki f600. Once I started reading about the dx7 I decided that this is the machine that I now want! Another machine to think about that was released at the same time is the Juki dx-2000qvp. From what I understand, it is the same machine as the dx7 with a different paint. It comes with even more extra feet and a cone thread stand. Not sure what the price difference is between the two machines yet since the 2000qvp cannot be sold online per Juki's rules...must be bought at a dealer. If and when I finally get ready to buy, I will be looking at both at my dealer before deciding.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:58 AM

Thanks, Laura! I did think about the DX-2000qvp and it does seem to be the same exact machine. My local dealer said the MSRP on the DX2000QVP was $2000, which seemed really high to me. Another dealer, slightly further away, is selling the DX7 for $1400. When I asked why the prices were so different, she said it was because "the DX2000 came with a lot more feet" but the dealer selling the DX7 for $1400 listed the exact same feet. Worth shopping around!
Old 05-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

sewing machines plus has it on sale now http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/ju...ng-machine.php and with free shipping
Old 05-25-2016, 01:53 PM

Hi Asabriano! Let us know when you hear from Juki. As far as I'm concerned, I'm keeping my TL2010Q. It is such a sturdy machine. The harp is 54 square inches, and for me that's important. Also, if something goes wrong with my DX-7, the TL2010Q would serve as a back-up for piecing. I'm a bit nervous about computerized machines, since the DX-7 is my first.

About the feet for the TL2010Q, I bought a Sharon Schamber foot (non-hopping), and modified one of the quilting feet which came with the machine. The walking foot works very well.

I'm in Canada, and bought my DX-7 from a dealer in Montreal. I paid the equivalent of $1,235.00 U.S. I don't know, but this information may be useful when negotiating a price with your dealer. I bought an open-toe quilting foot separately, as this foot was not included with the machine.

Also, I was told that the DX2000QVP would not be available in Canada. So I went for the DX-7.

I'll be looking forward with great interest to the outcome of your endeavors. Good luck!
Old 05-25-2016, 03:31 PM

I recommend purchasing sewing machines from your local retailers rather than on-line, if at all possible! They're the ones who will be able to sit down and review the machine w you, auto threader and all.
We had a super quilt shop open last year (The BOLT in CT) that's a JUKI dealer. They weren't around when I bought my JUKI years before (on the internet) but they were kind enough to review w me how to use the needle threader when I first visited the shop, and we started talking.
Here's their youtube link for the JUKI 2010Q automatic threader.
http://youtu.be/SZxiEQ8wIlI
Regarding the TL2010: it's truly a semi-industrial machine designed for quilting-related processes. The DX series, like the F series, are home sewing machines and (almost) do it all. They are all, imo, great machines, w different purposes overall.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:26 PM

Hi Patricia. Just bought the DX7 but I'm having trouble with the FMQ. The bobbin thread is not doing right. Do you have problems? any suggestions? Joy