Juki TL 2200 QVP with frame

Juki TL 2200 QVP with frame

Old 09-28-2014, 07:23 PM

Default Juki TL 2200 QVP with frame

I am considering the long arm Juki TL 2200 QVP with frame. Do any of you have
any experience or knowledge of this machine or opinions of a better machine for
the money
Old 09-28-2014, 08:22 PM

We sell both the Juki and HQ Avante in the store where I work.

The Juki 2200 is a great machine with some nice bells and whistles. The frame, on the other hand, is pretty cheaply made. The bottom leg pads are always falling off. And the plastic cogs on the end of the poles don't really work. And the leaders slide side to side. When you order a Juki 2200, we sew off the machine to make sure it's working, then send you the parts, and you assemble the frame yourself.

I like the Handi Quilter Avante better. It's a little less expensive. It doesn't have as many bells and whistles, but is a very solid machine, and it sits on a very solid frame. The frame, track and carriage are soooooo smooth. The leaders are Velcro-ed on, and don't slip around. And you get someone to come set up the machine at your house, give you lessons, and service when you need it. Handi Quilter is a great company, with great customer relations.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:01 AM
Power Poster

If you do a search on the QB (upper righthand corner of the screen) on Juki longarm, you will find several threads about it.

If I could buy my dream machine, it would be an Innova with lightning stitch. There are a couple of Innova groups on groups.yahoo.com with good info.

The Juki is a lot newer than the Handi Quilter and likely does not have the same support. If it were me, I'd go with the Handi Quilter.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:05 PM

I posted a question recently and got a few replies on this thread: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...p-t250271.html

there are links in the replies to some other threads with more info and opinions.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:38 PM

Grace has improved the feet and the ratchets on this frame and it works great. I have enjoyed my Juki QVP 2200 but admit I've had to replace a few electronic parts with updated ones since my machine was one of the very first made. Newer models have much fewer issues with all the updated parts. There is also a FB page for Juki 2200 users with lots of good information.

Originally Posted by quiltedsunshine View Post
We sell both the Juki and HQ Avante in the store where I work.

The Juki 2200 is a great machine with some nice bells and whistles. The frame, on the other hand, is pretty cheaply made. The bottom leg pads are always falling off. And the plastic cogs on the end of the poles don't really work. And the leaders slide side to side. When you order a Juki 2200, we sew off the machine to make sure it's working, then send you the parts, and you assemble the frame yourself.

I like the Handi Quilter Avante better. It's a little less expensive. It doesn't have as many bells and whistles, but is a very solid machine, and it sits on a very solid frame. The frame, track and carriage are soooooo smooth. The leaders are Velcro-ed on, and don't slip around. And you get someone to come set up the machine at your house, give you lessons, and service when you need it. Handi Quilter is a great company, with great customer relations.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:47 PM

I am not sure if you are only interested in the Juki, but if you are open to other brands i have the Viking 18x8 long arm with 12' Iquilt frame and the robotic QuiltSewClever and many many other additions for sale. If interested pm me.

Good luck