Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: just bpught a free-westinghouse brand sewing machine......Help

Blog Entries
    I stopped by the goodwill yesterday, and ran across a sewing machine. Free-Westinghouse cabinet type. It's ALB129929. It has the manual and attachments that I've never seen before. Two problems that I have found so far. It does not have any needles and the manual says that only CC1221 can be used . The company no longer exists. Will I be able to buy these needles?
    Second when we plugged it up it took off sewing without a foot petal or knee petal. I turned it off and it still was sewing. I'm guessing that I need a new switch. Also will I be able to buy these? I only paid $23.56 for the machine and $2.00 for a pecan cabinet that needs refinishing. I'll try to take pictures tomorrow. Little under the weather today and nite.
    I sent Billy a PM asking him about this. I'm sure he's busy , but haven't heard from him as of yet.
    I'm also curious as to the value of this machine. If anyone has any answers I would really appreciate it. I tried to look this up on the internet, but had no luck. Thanks so much for any help that you may give me.

I can't help you out on the foot pedal question. Did you try the needles you are using in your current machine? To my knowledge there are only two types. The round ones and the ones that have a flat back.

Don't panic yet!! sounds like it has a short and that can be fixed. It could be as simple as a bare wire in a cord thats touching each other so when you plug it in it just runs. Billy will get back to you!! 8-)