Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Just want to tell you how great you all are. >

Just want to tell you how great you all are.

Just want to tell you how great you all are.

Old 10-01-2016, 02:18 PM

Default Just want to tell you how great you all are.

Hello, a couple weeks ago I put out a feeler on which quilting rulers to start out with as I wanted to try my hand at ruler work on my quilt machine. Got some great tips and suggestions, where to find videos too.

One quilter here contacted me privately to offer me rulers that she was no longer using........free. WOW!!!!!! What can I say to that but ..............YES, I'LL TAKE THEM!!!! Anyway, she told me where to check out videos on how to use these videos so went and downloaded them to watch the next day. Got the rulers the other day plus she'd added more stuff to the box. How generous can one get but she went beyond the generousity in my book. Just wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you.

Will be heading to the Des Moines Quilt Show next Thursday and I've ordered my ruler foot from my dealer that will be there so hopefully by next weekend I'll have a practice quilt on the frame and start trying my hand at ruler work.

In the past I have asked and received numerous tips and suggestions on this site from so many of you and I just want to say what a great bunch of folks we have here.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Power Poster

Yes I too have been the recipient of this board's generosity in many ways. my gratitude extends to all on this board.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:39 PM

I haven't been on here very long, but everyone has been so nice and helpful very happy I joined
Old 10-01-2016, 02:59 PM

What a great story! and I believe it - this board is great. I have learned so much and was gifted some things as well. THANK YOU to all of you
Old 10-01-2016, 04:02 PM

I concur!

The members of this board are just fantastic.... they are generous not only with items but their time and knowledge which is priceless..... especially to us ladies over here in the UK where quilting is not as prevalent... although it is becoming more popular.

So to you all.... I agree with the original post.. you are fantastic!
Old 10-02-2016, 05:15 PM
Power Poster

There are so many knowledgeable people on this board and always willing to share with us.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:40 AM

Yes Suz, it is a terrific group of quilters from beginners to experienced...I come here regularly for motivation and I, too, have learned a lot over the past few years from QB members.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:49 AM

Everyone on the board is great. I have gotten so many tips and resources and appreciate all of you. Thank you all!
Old 10-03-2016, 06:47 AM

I've been on the board for a few years now, and have connected with some of the kindest and most generous folks anywhere. If all that was given was encouragement, it would be a treasure!
Old 10-03-2016, 08:35 AM
mac

I am going to chime in and say "Thank you to you all", as well. I've had problems solved, saved money from tips that were given, received encouragement when I needed it most, gotten belly laughs to start my day, and many other things that I can't even begin to remember right now. Even though I don't know you all, I feel as though we are a large, extended family of friends. Hugs to everyone.