Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Kaleidoscope/OBW/Stack-n Whack >

Kaleidoscope/OBW/Stack-n Whack

Kaleidoscope/OBW/Stack-n Whack

Old 02-17-2011, 04:05 PM

Hi all,

I want to try a small quilt with this kind of block (every person calls it different) i see them the same :oops: , and i would like your opinions about what kind of fabric print is best for it. I have been to Joanns and other LQS but i get more confused every time, and from my understanding the larger the repeat the more fabric i need, so i don't really like the idea of wasting 5 yards of fabric for failure :-( .

Please help...any ideas would be appreciated even pics of fabric would be great ( I am a visual person).

Thanks in advance
Old 02-17-2011, 05:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Charming
Hi all,

I want to try a small quilt with this kind of block (every person calls it different) i see them the same :oops: , and i would like your opinions about what kind of fabric print is best for it. I have been to Joanns and other LQS but i get more confused every time, and from my understanding the larger the repeat the more fabric i need, so i don't really like the idea of wasting 5 yards of fabric for failure :-( .

Please help...any ideas would be appreciated even pics of fabric would be great ( I am a visual person).

Thanks in advance
Stack and Whack and OBW's are both kaleidoscope patterns, but they are very different in construction. So you need to look at both patterns and choose which one you want to do. If you chose to do an OBW, you only need 2.5 yards of a fabric with a 12 inch repeat.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:44 PM

You won't need as much fabric if you fussy cut a specific motif.

For the more popular methods however, you want your repeat as close as possible but still enough different elements in the fabric to make each block stand apart.