Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lets share Christmas ideas >

Lets share Christmas ideas

Lets share Christmas ideas

Old 09-07-2011, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by moedersaar
Originally Posted by redvette54
I'm thinking pillow cases and a couple of Bow Tuck bags. I've learned to keep Christmas simple. Mostly give gift cards and cash.
I am loking for a bow tuck bag pattern do you have link that I can check out please
The Bow Tuck pattern is only available for sale. Google it and you will find the sources. I got mine on eBay for $6 with no shipping.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:44 PM

The "nutcrackers" by jmanghamom are awesome!!! There are some amazing suggestions here.... A couple of years ago I bought cotton aprons at "simply a dollar" store, embroidered designs and names for all the people who work with my husband (about 75) the next year for Christmas they gave me a picture/collage of ea one of them wearing their aprons, and imprinted with "we love our gifts"!! Think they actually liked them! I was excited. Last year they all got Potato Bags or Oven Hot mitts, (yep, I made both almost 75 of each) this year I'm thinking wristlets or large hum-bug bags but haven't decided, For some of the supervisors I've also made, Table runners, Casserole Carriers, Try to stay within the stash.....
Old 09-07-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by cindit
Last year, I did a beach theme for the kids. I bought clearance beach towels, buckets,sunglasses,beach balls, etc and embroidered their name on the beach towel. They thought it was cool - especially in Iowa in the winter!
My mother used to make applique beach towels for the grandkids for their 2nd or 3rd birthday or Christmas, always a big hit! My kids always used them all year round, & then I could tell who didn't hang the towel back up after bath time!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 PM

Have to comment on "dhanke" creature, too cute, looks like it could make a good gift card holder!! I am doing some sports pillow cases for some teenagers in the family.... I gave one yesterday to a young man for his 16th Birthday, didnt anticipate any kind of response..... and much to my surprise he was DELIGHTED, he texted my son and told him how much he liked it and it fit his pillow perfect, his mom was even amazed he had brought it in after I gave it to him and put his pillow in it and proudly showed her...... who would know?
Old 09-07-2011, 09:04 PM

Christmas????? I'm still working on Easter stuff. Boy, am I behind!!!