Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please share your Christmas in July guild program ideas! >

Please share your Christmas in July guild program ideas!

Please share your Christmas in July guild program ideas!

Old 06-30-2019, 02:40 AM

Red face Please share your Christmas in July guild program ideas!

My guild is having a Christmas in July Program next month. So far we have 4 members doing demos of quick and easy gift projects. We will have a give-a-way of each of the projects being shown.

Have you attended a program such as this in the past and if so, what did you enjoy most? Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-30-2019, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

An idea ... could you ask each member to bring a Christmas-y FQ?

Then have them as a give-away ....
one lucky draw or a few draws, depending on how many members you have attending.
Old 06-30-2019, 05:41 PM

what a great program idea! Mind if I steal it for my guild?
Old 07-01-2019, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
An idea ... could you ask each member to bring a Christmas-y FQ?

Then have them as a give-away ....
one lucky draw or a few draws, depending on how many members you have attending.
Thank you for the great idea! What could be better than Food Fabric and Friends?
Old 07-01-2019, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
what a great program idea! Mind if I steal it for my guild?
Sew Happy you like the program idea. I hope your guild enjoys the fun! I will be doing the demo on a chapstick/lipstick holder I posted about here:

5 minute gift idea
Old 07-01-2019, 06:17 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
Thank you for the great idea! What could be better than Food Fabric and Friends?

Oh yes ... the 3Fs! .. Fantastic!! (just in case you need four Fs!

As for Food .... sure hope that you are doing it up right with Christmas foods only!
And Christmas tablecloths, decorations, background music, etc.
Yes, a bit of work .... but will amp up the enjoyment and memories for all who attend.

Look forward to hearing all about how it turns out!
Old 07-02-2019, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Oh yes ... the 3Fs! .. Fantastic!! (just in case you need four Fs!

As for Food .... sure hope that you are doing it up right with Christmas foods only!
And Christmas tablecloths, decorations, background music, etc.
Yes, a bit of work .... but will amp up the enjoyment and memories for all who attend.

Look forward to hearing all about how it turns out!
We are using decorations, music, and festive tablecloths and napkins! I have a light up tree with quilty ornaments as well. 1 member is bringing a cake with a Christmas theme to celebrate her 75th birthday. Stay tuned!
Old 07-02-2019, 05:51 AM

When we had this as a program it one of my favorites. Christmas Table Cloth, Quilted of course. Christmas Cookies, etc.
We used a huge red bag which we took all of the Christmas ideas out of. We were dressed in Christmas sweaters and explained that we were Santa's helpers. We had a handout with the websites listed for all the gift items in the bag.
Here is a list of some of the items - Fat quarter apron, Fabric box and basket, Tree skirts, folding star for decorations or hot pads, lots of hot pad ideas, Christmas and snowmen applique wall hangings and table runners, as well as, placemats. We had a tutorial for a binding kit for your quilting friedns. Scissor case, coasters, vivyl wine coasters, coffee coseys, tea cosey, memory books, stockings, bookmarks, using small orphan blocks as Christmas cards, mug rugs, and a Christmas infinity scarf. Of course there was a Christmas gift quilt. We just kept pulling the items out. It was great because by the time we made the samples, I had my Christmas gifts done. Many of the members told about the Christmas ideas they had in the works. Ours was Christmas in September. Have fun!!
Old 07-02-2019, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by copycat View Post
We are using decorations, music, and festive tablecloths and napkins! I have a light up tree with quilty ornaments as well. 1 member is bringing a cake with a Christmas theme to celebrate her 75th birthday. Stay tuned!
Oh what fun!
I sure hope that I don't miss your update posts about the outcome.

Great ideas from Batik54 ... love the giant Santa Sack with the surprises!
Proves that demos aren't always needed. Seeing the finished items for idea stimulation
and then a handout with the weblinks for the patterns is perfect!
Old 07-02-2019, 03:22 PM

Our Guild has Getting Ready for Christmas with three different demos from different areas of the Kenai Peninsula. Last year, we had a wallet with pockets, a hot pad that looked like a wrapped gift, and a star made out of folded fabrics. We've had many good ideas over the years: placemats, crayon holders for kids, project bags with vinyl, chap stick holders, tea bag holders, garbage bag for your car, infinity scarves, the list goes on. Our community is looking for a good idea to bring to the table for this year! Keep those ideas coming!!