Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Lets share cute stories...

Lets share cute stories...

Here's one of mine...
    When my sister was newly married, she was babysitting my nephew while his mom and dad worked. Christmas was just a few weeks away so she took him with her to get her husbands Christmas present. Well as soon as her husband learned that little Danny accompanied her, he started drilling the poor little guy to find out what she had gotten him for Christmas. He was so little, he was hard to understand. He told him "adun anadope". He looked up at her all confused. She laughed and said "he's telling you the truth". He repeatedly asked little Danny what did she get me at the store. For probably two weeks he asked and Danny always replied "adun anadope". He never could understand what he was saying. The families got together for Christmas Eve and he asked him again in front of all of us. But this time he answered "nuttin". She asked him to tell all of us what her husband was getting for Christmas and most of us understood what it was, but he still didn't. Well Christmas morning finally came and her DH was very surprised that he had gotten a new gun with a scope.

My parents were visiting us & they liked to go for rides in the country. My DD was about 6, I guess. We drove by an Amish farm where the farmer was working with a matched pair of horses. My DD pointed to them & said (to my Dad), "Look, Papa! Those horses are from the same litter!". Oh, we wanted to crack up but she was so serious so we waited till she wasn't around & then we all just split a gut! LOL!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

That is adorable!! When we were 1st around our 1st GS we couldn't understand him but as time went by & around him more we could understand more along with other siblings it was easier. My 2nd GS would pronounce 'commode' as 'c-o-m-m-o-t-e-e' & last GD (she is now 7) would say 'pack back' for back pack & 'pupcake' for cupcake. They are so precious at those ages!! What a wonderful gift from God! They just grow up tooooo bloomin' fast!!!!
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 3 cats, Callie, Buddy & Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

My daughter and I took my great grandson to the movies. He is 8 yrs old.
    At the ticket window she asked for a senior ticket for me.
    As we walked to go inside my grandson says, grandma are you in high school?

Power Poster
    When my son was little, I would de-bone smelt for him after frying them up. (Now there's a fun job but that's what mothers do right?) For those would are not familiar with smelt, they are a small silver fish that kind of look like sardines. Anyhow my son was pretty small and one day he asked me "when are we going to have snout again?' Now I am a creative cook but I have never served SNOUT! After some further questioning we figured out he was wanting smelt again and it has been a joke every time I serve fish since.

When we first moved to Alaska...my husband went salmon fishing. This one trip he was going to be gone until the morning. During the night he came home earlier than he expected with lots of fish. Very early the next morning one of my young daughters got up early and when she came into our bedroom and saw the back of a mans head on the pillow she asked out loud "Is that daddy"?. You can imagine the look on my hubands face to ME. Of course it was her daddy, my husband!! I have been a very faithful wife these past 35 years and don't plan to change that!! The look on his face and probably mine was ...priceless!!
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

I have another one:
    During another Christmas gathering, I was sitting on the couch next to my niece (then about 5). I noticed out of the corner of my eye that she was picking her nose. I tapped her on the side of her leg to distract her from what she was doing - to my surprise she quickly shoved that little treasure way up the other nostril. I looked at her and asked "Cheri what are you doing?" She, just as calm as can be, says, "Well it hurt over there, so I moved it to the other side." (Out of the mouth of babes...)

Recently, my dad was going out to eat with my DH and me, so he drove over and parked in front of our house. We told him we'd take our vehicle, which was parked in the driveway in back of the house. My dad said, "I have to get something out of the car, so I'll just meet you in front." DH and myself went out back, got in the pickup, and drove around to the front of the house. I happened to be fiddling with something in my purse, not looking up, so my husband said, "Hey. Look there." I looked up and there was my 91-year-old dad standing by the road with his thumb out, his leg cocked toward the road, and his pants leg pulled up to his knee! Even at 91 he's still got it!
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...B5F8C60F07.png
    There is no snooze button on a hungry cat!

Another story about DD... when she was little, she heard us talking about a neighbor who had Ahlzheimer's disease. But when she recounted the story to my DH, she told him the neighbor had "old timer's disease". We laugh about that to this day!
    (`v)
    `*..*
    .*).*)
    (.(. (..`..♥ rebecca

My daughter and I were going to the store and the 3 year old was in the back seat humming a little song when she pipped up and asked me if Jesus was really born in Oklahoma...........We never knew where that came from.
    and my 3 year old and my husband and I were eating at KFC when a man stopped by the table and asked her if she liked fried chicken. She answered "yes but I only get the bones". You couldn't know I was over 200 pounds at the time and turned as red as their logo.

Another one! Son Jeff, wanted to go "Back Side" (Back out side to play with neighbor), and when I had said "No, it is nap time" he gave me the glare! "Who do you think is the boss here?" Jeff responded "Daddy" !!!

My daughter was about 5. When she came home from Sunday School we asked her what she learned. She said they learned about "a kiss in the trees." It was many years later when we finally realized that she was talking about Zachais in the trees. That was a hard one. LOL
    prolific hand quilter

One of my nephews was spending the night and bought over a fire engine to play with but he needed batteries. He asked if I had any so I looked around and found some. He was so excited and told me that I was "so yucky'!!!!{lucky} because I had batteries!!!

Blog Entries
    My family back home calls me Mary Lou, but when I was pregnant for my first son, my two year old niece called me " Aunt Belly Lou" since she was just learning to talk! Everyone thought it was appropriate, and the name still comes up every now and then!!!

These are so cute I just have to tell about my grandson, now 21 years old. When he was around 2 or 3, he loved anything with a battery that he could turn on and play with. We had kept him over the weekend and were on our way to deliver him back to his mon and dad, which was about a two hour drive from our house. He had been doing very good with the potty training so when he announced on the drive home that he needed to use the potty, we pulled over to the side of the highway (no homes around) and set him out so he could proceed taking care of his business. After a minute or so with no result he exclaimed "Won't work - no batteries".

One day I had baked a ham in the oven. I decided to bake a cake while the oven was still hot. The cake was cooling while we ate dinner. I started to clean up the dishes and countertop so that I would have a place to do the cake. My youngest son, about 3 at the time, asked when he could have dessert. Told him I was cleaning a spot for it. He took a chair over to the refrigerator and proceeded to take ice out of the freezer. He took one of the cake layers and started rubbing the ice on the cake. I asked him what he was doing. "I'm icing the cake Mom!"

When my daughter attended Kindergarten, she often bought her lunch; she enjoyed trying "new" food. In the evenings, we'd ask what she'd had for lunch. A few of her answers were "chicken on a stick" and "a chip that was folded and you pretend it's a sandwich."
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

My turn! My turn! I am from Upstate New York and my husband is from Kentucky. His whole family has a southern accent and I, of course, have no accent at all. When we were first married, one day he asked me for a "pin." Being a bit of a sewer, I asked him "a straight pin or a safety pin?" He said "a pin you wrahte with." (A pen you write with!!!)

My 4 year old DGS was here staying with me. We had lunch and then, I gave him chocolate pudding.....he had it all over his face but he loved the pudding. I washed his face and said "Oh my! There is a kid under all this pudding!" He looked at me with big eyes and asked "Who?" I still laugh when I think about it.

Blog Entries
    We recently had the pleasure of keeping our 3 yo Olivia for the week end. She had been sleeping with Mommy and Daddy in their king sized bed. Yes, they are trying to get her in her very special bed that Daddy made her. Later in the day she asked me if she could sleep with me. I said I sleep with Pa. So she asked if she could sleep with us, I told her the bed was to small. She then asked if I would sleep with her so I told her I would, but here's the deal. You have to go to bed when it's your bed time and I'll come in when it's my bed time and no crying. I reminded her I get up a lot to potty and if I was missing all she had to do was say "Mimi are you in the bathroom" and I will answer "yes, Olivia I'll be right there". So she then says to me. "If you wake up and I'm not there I'll be in the bathroom and you can say "Olivia are you in the bathroom?" Then I'll say (Olivia talking) yes, Mimi I'll be right there". Like I wouldn't feel her crawling all over me. She is a precious one. BTW, last night she slept in her bed by herself at home.
    We would worry less about what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do.

I sew love these stories - please keep them coming...

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    When my daughter was very young we lived on a mountain near Scottsville, Alabama. We had to cross a long bridge to get to town, passing a bait shop/quick mart on the way. At three years of age she loved to ask for us to stop at the bait shop for "cut-down" bubble gum, we usually obliged and let her pay for it herself at the counter.

But every time we asked her what "cut-down" meant she'd get indignant and say, "You know!"

It was years and years before she was able to remind us that the area around the bait shop had a hillside of cut down trees where they were clearing for road improvements!

Of course, this is the same child who wouldn't eat the bubble gum the rural postman gave her because it had two little tiny 'dimples' in it (remember those log-shaped ones?) and she thought he had bitten it first!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...bums19552.html

Blog Entries
    When my oldest was about 4, he could not keep a secret. His dad took him Christmas shopping and managed to convince him NOT to tell me what they had purchased for me. When they came home, my boy very proudly said to me that he wasn't going to tell me what my present was, but that they had got it at the slippers store.

One day while doing laundry, I asked my youngest son if he was out of pants. He replied "No, I'm in of pants" and it's become part of our family's vernacular.

Other cute things my children have come up with over the years: Instruction sheets for things you put together are "constructions". Apartments are "compartments".

I have to share this about my Niece. We were at our parents house & she had to go to the batroom. My sister took her & decide to use the bathroom also. While my sister was busy doing her business my 5 year old niece started going through the cabinet. She found Grandma's femine pads & ask my sister what they were. She told her that they were band-aids. After a couple of minutes my niece said they must have been for Grandaddy because they were so big. That's been 12 years ago & we still laugh about it.

My DGD just last year couldn't say her 'R's' and would say words like:

purr....pee
    squirel...squeel
    girls...geels

So when she told me the cat was peeing, I about freaked! He was purring! She corrected her speech in just 2 days all by herself. She's an amazing 5 year old!
    Grandma of 5 beautiful grand kids, 4 crazy cats & 1 dog!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast