Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My ship has come in!!! Mr. John says so

My ship has come in!!! Mr. John says so

I received this email about 2 minutes ago.........Shopping spree anyone?? !!............LOL

"Hello! Good Day.
    I have registered your ATM MASTER CARD $2.8m with DHL COMPANY this morning
    and i have paid all the delivering fee for the ATM,
    please contact Director Duhoung Pierre via email:
    [email protected]}+229 680 36 775
    with your delivering address, Name,phone number, house address,
    your ID, and age.
    This is your ATM CARD pin code {8609}
    Thanks
    Mr John"
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Mr John better watch out. We're not that gullible.
    "He who masters the grey everyday is a hero."
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/PeachPalaceDesigns

Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
    Just my exact words.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniePenny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewfine View Post
    Just my exact words.
    My husband just laughed and asked the cat if she wanted a new car with Gramma's 2.8 mil.......LOL
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Blog Entries
    Man, I do so hate crooks!!!! I wasn't brought up that way and highly dislike people who are not nice. period. shame on them.

I have been getting a few like that too. Do we have to share the money , or do we each get it?

Dream on girls. Don't fall for that old trick. It is a scam !!!!Hugs

Blog Entries
    You would think they would first learn good English and sentence structure........at least we would be able to read it through the first time without having to go back over and over asking .....what????.......
    We are here to learn how to live in heaven - I'm still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
    You would think they would first learn good English and sentence structure........at least we would be able to read it through the first time without having to go back over and over asking .....what????.......
    Amen to that!!! Seems to me the first step in crookery!

my husband has been getting them too. all i can say is why dont they get a job.

My favorite from a few years ago was the memo from the office of "her Majasty queen Elizbeth". . . Spelling and capitalization as shown. . .
    The rest of the memo was of equal or less value. Lol!
    By the way this was in my email at the office of a small town Texas business.
    At least they weren't offering to buy 10,000 HP toner cartridges to be shipped to Florida. That was the other scam going around at the time.

Blog Entries
    The sad part is that there are actually poor souls out there that fall for this and other scams. We need to make sure everyone knows not to give any information out. The one I have been getting lately looks like a request from AT&T for information to update your email account. It really looked like something official. I called AT&T, SCAM!!!!!!! Argh. As if life isn't tough enough, we have to deal with A$$paoles. Pardon!!
    Onalee Rose
    "There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living."

Quote Originally Posted by omacookie View Post
    Dream on girls. Don't fall for that old trick. It is a scam !!!!Hugs
    We all know it's a scam. We are just having a good laugh about it.

I would know before I read the whole thing it is a scam. News sources need to put the scams out every so often to educate people of the scams. Easier to try and scam people than to get a job. Many losers out there.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
    I would know before I read the whole thing it is a scam. News sources need to put the scams out every so often to educate people of the scams. Easier to try and scam people than to get a job. Many losers out there.
    This is very true.
    It's just not email scams or letters in the mail that lure people to lose their life savings.

I have read of family members scamming each other. Look at those who take advantage of their elderly relatives to get their Social Security monies.

Scams have been going on for hundreds of years and will continue to go on. We can't save them all from being scammed, but we can start here at least.

Mr and Mrs Harting only put $1.5m in mine...

Blog Entries
    Haven't had that scam yet, but yesterday while at my Mom's house, a call came in asking if my dad was there. I said, "I don't think so." (He's died in 2009, but I didn't tell the caller that.) Well, this is (insert a power company name) and can you make decisions on this account? Well, yes I can. Back to the caller...well, I have some benefits to tell you about...what is your name? So I asked what the benefits were, and he wouldn't tell me until I gave my name. NO WAY! The caller had an obvious accent...just how stupid do they think we are? Be careful, folks!
    "A woman is like a tea bag-you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I've gotten the same email and replied. Not my fault you forked out all that money for delivering fees for the ATM. I don't have a card. Sucker! You have been referred to my file 13. I checked my email and saw the same. Most of the time I just chunk this crap. Sometimes you need to be careful, they've been known to have viruses attached as soon as you open. If I don't know them, they go to spam./file 13.

Don't click on any email with attachment (the paper clip symbol) unless you know who it is from and are expecting it.

And don't answer any of the spam emails, then they know your address is a good one and they will sell it to all their friends.

If you sell anything on Craigslist, beware the answers that ask "Is this still available?" without saying what it is. They, too, are collecting email addresses to add to their lists. I always disable email answers on CL, if they really want it, they can call my (anonymous) Google Voice phone number.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion View Post
    I have been getting a few like that too. Do we have to share the money , or do we each get it?
    Well The ''FBI'' caught the guy who tried to steal mine and all I have to do is go to my nearest International Airport to collect it. And to please bring proper I.D. and a friend or family member for it would be unsafe for me to carry all that cash alone. Seriously couldn't they just mail me a check ?? I have no idea where my closest Int. Airport is--these things are so darn funny.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coopah View Post
    Haven't had that scam yet, but yesterday while at my Mom's house, a call came in asking if my dad was there. I said, "I don't think so." (He's died in 2009, but I didn't tell the caller that.) Well, this is (insert a power company name) and can you make decisions on this account? Well, yes I can. Back to the caller...well, I have some benefits to tell you about...what is your name? So I asked what the benefits were, and he wouldn't tell me until I gave my name. NO WAY! The caller had an obvious accent...just how stupid do they think we are? Be careful, folks!
    I was expecting a call back from Cleveland,Oh so when the 216 area code showed up I answered it--Well the accented female asked if I was -she had my 1st-middle -maiden and my married name --now that was weird--Well my credit cards have suspicious activity on them could I verify my acct.numbers. I said sure -they all start with zeroes and end in zeroes and there are zeroes in between..She slammed the phone down in my ear--sounded like one of M those old fashion Bake Lite's--but how rude of her.

Blog Entries
    Turn that sucker in for fraud!!! FBI is the place to go.
    Stitching is Meditation in Motion

Quote Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
    I've gotten the same email and replied. Not my fault you forked out all that money for delivering fees for the ATM. I don't have a card. Sucker! You have been referred to my file 13. I checked my email and saw the same. Most of the time I just chunk this crap. Sometimes you need to be careful, they've been known to have viruses attached as soon as you open. If I don't know them, they go to spam./file 13.
    Quote Originally Posted by ptquilts View Post
    Don't click on any email with attachment (the paper clip symbol) unless you know who it is from and are expecting it.

And don't answer any of the spam emails, then they know your address is a good one and they will sell it to all their friends.

If you sell anything on Craigslist, beware the answers that ask "Is this still available?" without saying what it is. They, too, are collecting email addresses to add to their lists. I always disable email answers on CL, if they really want it, they can call my (anonymous) Google Voice phone number.

It didn't have an attachment but I make it a habit not to open any "paperclip symbol" in an email. Unless I know who it is from (i.e. accountant, cable company, insurance co.).

Couldn't tell you how many people sent me MO for puppies and I was to West. Union a large amount the of the money to their "shipper" I play along and when I got several Fed Ex deliveries of postal MO (fakes) I take it all to PO. One guy I didn't wire him money, and he kept calling me getting upset I hadn't wired the money. None of them can speak or write english very good. Now I delete and ignore the crap. Would tather be reading the board posts.

[QUOTE=buslady;6053923] We need to make sure everyone knows not to give any information out.

Right, heaven forbid I give out my age!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast