Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
line tamer ruler >

line tamer ruler

line tamer ruler

Old 03-08-2016, 07:16 AM

CanoePam, no I'm pretty sure it's the machine which is moving. Watch it an see what you think.
Old 03-08-2016, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Don't feel bad so did I!
Me too. LOL
Old 03-08-2016, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by CanoePam View Post
Probably using a sit down quilting machine where you move the fabric, not the machine. I know that is what Rhonda Bracey uses.
I agree with CanoePam. It is a sit down machine.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by JustAbitCrazy View Post
CanoePam, no I'm pretty sure it's the machine which is moving. Watch it an see what you think.
The title of the video says she is demonstrating on a Sweet 16. The pictures show me that too. It is a sit down machine (I know, I have one). I also know Rhonda Bracey only uses a Sweet 16. I think you could use it on a long arm, but you would need one hand on the ruler and one hand on the machine, just like you would on other rulers.

ETA, I have a line tamer ruler too, and I love it! Tried other straight rulers, but this is the best.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:44 PM

One important thing is you should be using a ruler foot on your machine, not the regular darning foot that you use for fmq. A ruler foot is higher than a regular foot. You need this so the foot won't slide under the ruler and damage your machine. Some sewing machine brands sell a ruler foot. If your brand doesn't you can get both a low shank and a high shank ruler foot thru Westalee. I got mine and a bunch of Westalee rulers for a low shank machine from AllBrands.com.
Old 03-09-2016, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover View Post
One important thing is you should be using a ruler foot on your machine, not the regular darning foot that you use for fmq. A ruler foot is higher than a regular foot. You need this so the foot won't slide under the ruler and damage your machine. Some sewing machine brands sell a ruler foot. If your brand doesn't you can get both a low shank and a high shank ruler foot thru Westalee. I got mine and a bunch of Westalee rulers for a low shank machine from AllBrands.com.
This is true if you use rulers on a domestic machine. Sit down quilting machines like the Sweet 16 or Tiara come with a foot suitable for rulers. Long arm machines need a ruler base, but they come with the right foot. I really like working with rulers on my Sweet 16.