Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
A little damper on my retreat >

A little damper on my retreat

A little damper on my retreat

Old 10-18-2011, 11:33 PM
Power Poster

Hope you feel better and have fun
Old 10-18-2011, 11:58 PM

I hope you get to feeling better so you can fully enjoy your retreat.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:35 AM

Vicks is the thing ! It has been around a very long time; I posted the other day that a couple of years ago I was the most sick I've ever been with a cold...according to dr. it wasn't the flu...just a cold. Put Vicks on the bottom of my feet, white socks, Vicks on my chest covered with a t shirt and then pj's.....condition improved greatly !

Do whatever makes you feel better and GO to retreat ! Once you get there you'll feel better I'm sure ! Have a great time.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by Fritzy
I've been so looking forward to this retreat & then I go and get a cold!! So far it is just in my nose & hopefully it won't go to my head. If my head gets all stuffed up then I have a little more trouble functioning. Of course, hubby says well you'll have to stay home. Wrongo!! If I have to crawl to my sewing machine & they have to prop me up I am going!!!!! Silly husband doesn't understand us quilters at all!
One word, Dayquill!!!
Old 10-19-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Honeynga
Vicks is the thing ! It has been around a very long time; I posted the other day that a couple of years ago I was the most sick I've ever been with a cold...according to dr. it wasn't the flu...just a cold. Put Vicks on the bottom of my feet, white socks, Vicks on my chest covered with a t shirt and then pj's.....condition improved greatly !

Do whatever makes you feel better and GO to retreat ! Once you get there you'll feel better I'm sure ! Have a great time.
Going to remember this one! How much do your slop on??
Old 10-19-2011, 04:35 AM

My famorite home remedy for a cold is a hot toddy.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:38 AM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Rats to the cold thing. hope you enjoyed the retreat beside the cold. :)
Old 10-19-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by lynnsim
My famorite home remedy for a cold is a hot toddy.
Mine too, but she has to be able to drive her sewing machine!!LOL! (Mine must be pretty potent!)
Old 10-19-2011, 05:45 AM

Yes, Vicks Works very well. You don't have to be "slipping & sliding" for it to work on the feet, just massage a little on the soles. Who cares how it works, only that it does, although if you look at foot massage charts, it may have something to do with the centers of your body that receive energy from your feet.(?)
Also, if you use a nasal spray-rinse, it will help clean out the nasal passages & all of the sinus congestion.
And, it may be to late for it in your case, but I have used "Zicam" or zinc based cold meds to help shorten the length of a cold. Just DO NOT take this on an empty stomach. You will be barfing it up, and causing a whole other issue. (Yes it happened to me.)

Good Luck & happy quilting,
Susan
Old 10-19-2011, 05:58 AM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Originally Posted by Fritzy
I've been so looking forward to this retreat & then I go and get a cold!! So far it is just in my nose & hopefully it won't go to my head. If my head gets all stuffed up then I have a little more trouble functioning. Of course, hubby says well you'll have to stay home. Wrongo!! If I have to crawl to my sewing machine & they have to prop me up I am going!!!!! Silly husband doesn't understand us quilters at all!
One word, Dayquill!!!
This is what hubby & the kids use. At night they dose themselves with NyQuil and rub Vicks on their chests and backs and wear a t-shirt to bed. Chlortrimeton (I have no idea how to spell it) also works.

My mother & grandmother rubbed us down with Vicks and pinned a dishtowel around us.

I've never heard about rubbing Vicks on your feet. I wear cotton socks to bed quite often because my feet cramp if they get the least little bit cold.