Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Arm Machine

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I'd go with the long arm if you already have the sewing machine that you need.
    With the longarm you can quilt larger quilts, load several smaller ones at the same time as long as they all have the same backing on them.

It also depends on the longarm you are looking at in comparison and what bells and whistles it has.

I have a Nolting 18" Longarm and love it! I also have the computer system set up with it which makes it really nice!
    I have a less expensive Brother SQ9000 sewing machine that I also love. It does what I need it too.

If you have questions feel free to ask.

Phyllis
    QuiltingGrannie
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-21-2011 at 05:12 AM. Reason: remove business name from post

Quote Originally Posted by Helena
    I have a chance of purchasing an old dependable Bernina electronic machine vs. a new long arm machine for probably the same money. Which would you do given the fact I make lots of baby quilts?
    I would question what long arm you'd get for the same money as an old Bernina??? Lots of folks through out the term long arm, when it's really not a long arm at all.

Longarm, I have a Nolting PRO 24". Anything 18" and over is considered a longarm otherwise it's a shortarm or midarm. Can't wait to see what you choose. Good Luck

Another question for the longarmers on here, would a Janome Horizon 7700 with the 11" space work on a Grace Start-Right Frame?

Quote Originally Posted by Candace
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena
    I have a chance of purchasing an old dependable Bernina electronic machine vs. a new long arm machine for probably the same money. Which would you do given the fact I make lots of baby quilts?
    I would question what long arm you'd get for the same money as an old Bernina??? Lots of folks through out the term long arm, when it's really not a long arm at all.
    Ditto :?:

long arm

Blog Entries
    OOPS! I guess I used the term "long arm" incorrectly. I meant the machines that have a longer center opening from the needle to the other side of the machine. The older Berninas width in the center is only 7". The newer machines have a much wider opening.

longarm-you have more creative space front to back than a standard machine because of the larger throat depth

I just got my Gammill Vision. I LOVE it and it has made life so much easier when it comes time to quilt. It is amazing how quickly you can quilt a baby quilt (or any other for that matter). No longer do I have to push, pull or scrunch quilts to position them under my needle. Go for the long arm!

My vote is a long arm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast