Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Long arm quilter >

Long arm quilter

Long arm quilter

Old 05-15-2011, 11:48 AM

I finally got to see one in use. It was at the quilt show I went to on Friday. It was an HQ18 Avante. Now I must admit that I don't know a thing about it. The lady there encouraged me to try it. She said " I know you want to ." of course I did. It was wonderful, so easy to use. She also had the HQ Fusion and the HQ Sixteen Sit Down. I was so in love, but of course I had to leave so other people could give it a try. For all of you that have a long arm quilter, I am envieous. I want one. Maybe some day. ;-)
Old 05-15-2011, 12:44 PM

Me too! I got to try an Innova at the quilt show I went too... I want one sooooo bad!
Old 05-15-2011, 01:05 PM

I'm glad you had fun. I have never tried one and wouldn't dare to. Afraid i would want one too but no room for one so i will stick to my old ways.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:25 PM

That is great that you got to try one out. Maybe one day you will get one of your own. They are so much fun. I have the Innova and I love it!!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 03:04 AM

I tried one a few months ago also. I watched for a few min. and I started twisting my hands, I wanted to try so bad, but was afraid. she was going to quilt it for me. But she saw the glimmer in my eyes, and she let me try, she said, well it is your quilt. So away I went, and then she helped again, and When I took it over again, I finished it. OMG, I want one sooooo bad, waiting for son to leave home, to have a place to put it. I drool when I see one:) She just had a frame, and used her regular sewing machine. If I get a quilter, what brand is user friendly, I have babylock 6 needle, and it is very user friendly. Any suggestions?