Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • long arm quilting machine >
  • long arm quilting machine

• long arm quilting machine

Old 06-09-2010, 05:49 AM

1. Lay the poles from your frame on a level floor and mark a straight line down the length of the poles from end to end. 2.Run a bead of a glue that will adhere to the surface of your poles and the fabric leaders about one half inch from the line that you marked. 3 Carefully lay the long straight edge of your fabric leader along the marked line and press it onto the glue (you will probably need the help of family or friends to do this) 4. Run duct tape or packing tape over the edge of the leaders making sure the center of the tape is running down the edge of the leader. in other words the tape will be half on the leaders and half on the poles. This is how I attached my leaders ten years ago and they are still very secure.
    Old 06-09-2010, 07:49 AM

I have this same frame. You should have received some round flexible tubing and a small roller with your frame. The roller looks similar to a rotary cutter, but without a blade.

1. You place the leaders on the pole, positioned over the slot in the pole. Leave about 1/4" of leader beyond the slot.
    2. Then position the tubing over the slot with the leader in place.
    3. Use the roller to roll the tubing into the slot with the leader, thereby holding the leader in place.
    Old 06-09-2010, 10:52 AM

Thank you so much for the info. I'm glad to hear you have the same frame. Do you have "three" leader cloths like I do? And I was told they "all" go on the frame,is that true?
    Thanks
    Old 06-10-2010, 10:29 AM

Yes. All 3 go on the frame. One is used on the take up roller, one on the backing roller and one on the quilt top roller. You won't need one for the batting roller.

Make certain the center marks are lined up on all 3 leaders, when in place on the rollers. This will help in keeping the quilt square, when quilting the sandwich.

My leader cloths were homemade by the previous owner of the setup and are different lengths. If yours are also different lengths, use the shortest on the take up roller and the longest on the quilt top roller.

Now that I have a new to me serger, a gift from my mother, I'll be making another stronger set of leaders for mine. They were made out of muslin and not very strong. Duck cloth will be a better alternative and I'll use that for my next set.
    Old 06-10-2010, 03:01 PM

Thank you soooooooooooo much......you have been so helpful,like so many on the "Quilting Board".
    Patti in Ohio