Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Long Arm Quilting Machines >

Long Arm Quilting Machines

Long Arm Quilting Machines

Old 12-02-2010, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

Here's some information from someone who was shopping for a longarm (and wound up with an Innova). http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php?action=printpage;topic=7597.0

I also purchased an Innova, love it. But it's a personal choice, and you need to first get familiar with the terms and then check out all the machines.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:27 PM
Banned

I agree with those who say to test drive several different ones.

We did just that and just took delivery on a Nolting with a SideSaddle computer system.

Check out web sites, reviews and do some test drives.

Do you want it for just personal use, or customers?

Good luck.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:36 PM

I adore my Innova and would recommend you check it out. They are made to commercial standards and have very few problems. They also have 24/7/365 tech service because they also make commercial machines that they sell world wide that when they go down, they need help immediately. I know that www.QuiltFrog.com has one that was traded in for a larger one on sale and ABM International (makes the Innova in Texas) is selling the machines they have used as demos at shows for $1,200 off the price. It's really nice dealing with a family owned and run business - they really listen to their Innova owners and make changes that we ask for!
Old 12-02-2010, 07:09 PM

Wow, thank you for the info. I've only 'test drove' the Gammill and Prodegy, we don't have anything else anywhere near us, none at all in the state, these two came from far away to a show in Fargo (east border of state) and Medora (west border of state) and I'm right in the middle of ND.
Love both, yes I want them for business eventually, but mainly I can't afford to send quilts out as many as I make anymore, and getting too many tops not quilted. Figure by the time I catch them all up, I could hire out.
The web sites, I've looked at them, and the testimonies I found on another yahoo/group site that I joined specific for long arm quilters. Like cars, everyone has their favorites Ford, Dodge, Chevi, Pfaff, Baby Lock, Gammill, Inova. I'm strongly leaning to the Prodegy, like many of it's features, met the owner/designer, price isn't bad, love the table too.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:56 PM

Take the time and the money and go to a big show. There are classes and you can 'test drive' all the brands. This is like buying a car, and works best for me may not be what's best for you. Take note of the features. I will never buy a machine without a hydraulic lift - it saves my back!!

In addition to the computerized systems mentioned above, there is also the Compuquilter. Check them all out. Join all of the forums that are machine and or computer system specific. Some have more going on than others. Just because some forums are quiet is not necessarily a bad thing - they may be the ones with the least amount of trouble.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:33 AM

Check out APQS website. There should be a rep in Alamo, ND. If you are in the middle of the state, there could be reps in neighboring states that are closer to you.

I'm a rep for APQS in Nebraska, so my opinion may be a bit biased. I would agree, you need to test drive. Big shows can be a bit overwhelming ... lots of people and information to take in at one time. But it is a way to shop all in one place.

APQS's website forum is open to anyone, regardless of what machine you use, or if you are just looking. I would encourage you to sign up and ask questions.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about particular models.

Good luck and have fun shopping!!
Old 12-13-2010, 10:05 AM

My advice also is to try before you buy if at all possible. I purchased a HQ Avante 18"- it is easy to use and my rep is fabulous. Always available to answer any of my questions or concerns. I think that is the most important part of buying any machine. There are just so many out there now, there will be one that will fit you and your price range.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:07 AM

Have you tried the queen quilter 18 machine? I don't really have the space for a huge quilting frame and only quilt for myselft so I have been looking at the sit down table that you can purchase for this machine. Have you seen it in use or known anyone who has had one?
Old 07-04-2015, 01:09 PM

Default Prodigy 1709 - Sharon Schamber for sale -

Originally Posted by stevendebbie25 View Post
Wow, thank you for the info. I've only 'test drove' the Gammill and Prodegy, we don't have anything else anywhere near us, none at all in the state, these two came from far away to a show in Fargo (east border of state) and Medora (west border of state) and I'm right in the middle of ND.
Love both, yes I want them for business eventually, but mainly I can't afford to send quilts out as many as I make anymore, and getting too many tops not quilted. Figure by the time I catch them all up, I could hire out.
The web sites, I've looked at them, and the testimonies I found on another yahoo/group site that I joined specific for long arm quilters. Like cars, everyone has their favorites Ford, Dodge, Chevi, Pfaff, Baby Lock, Gammill, Inova. I'm strongly leaning to the Prodegy, like many of it's features, met the owner/designer, price isn't bad, love the table too.
The Prodigy is a very nice machine - did you decide on the Prodigy? I am selling for health reasons. I tested all brands at RD to CA and the prodigy had the best stitch regulator.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:04 PM

I bought the Lenova, they are in Utah, great machine and they go to many shows.