Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Long arm Quilting

Long arm Quilting

I recently bought a Tin Lizzie 18, does anyone have this machine and if so, how user friendly is it. Also, any tips and advice would be appreciated.

Blog Entries
    I have the Viking branded one, which is the same machine as the 18LS. I like mine a lot. What frame do you have? Do you have a stitch regulator, if so, which one?
    I used the instructions in this link to set my tension and have no problems:
    Getting the Tension Right
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    I learned on a TL18 and it was not easy but that may not have anything to do with the machine. Machine Quilting has more of a learning curve than most of us realize. I had given myself 6 weeks to "master" it. LOL and then some.

lots of instructional videos on youtube. Most of the information does not matter what brand of machine you have. Good tips on loading, stitching, tension, etc.
    Jean in MI

I just got the sit down version. I never really enjoyed the standing much and I hated that it consumed so much floor space lol... so the sit down was the way for me.. I've had it for about a week although my first machine had issues. It went back and was exchanged for a new one... I am so far happy with it although I've got issues with skipped stitches. Other than that, I'm happy as a clam... once I can figure out what's up with the skipped stitches, all will be happy in Lizzieland.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just bought a second hand TL 18inch after wanting one for 10 years. I tried it for 10 minutes before buying it and loved it. it was so smooth and easy to handle. I hope you enjoy it!\