Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Long Arm Quilting:

I have a question about long arm quilting an appliqued quilt when you use the fusable method. What kind of fusable material should you use? My long arm quilter has trouble with fusable applique. Just wondering if it makes a difference, which kind you use?

Blog Entries
    Definitely the light weight if the quilting will go over the fused applique pieces. The heavier weight has a tendency to get a little gummy when quilting with a Long-Arm machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeter Eva
    I have a question about long arm quilting an appliqued quilt when you use the fusable method. What kind of fusable material should you use? My long arm quilter has trouble with fusable applique. Just wondering if it makes a difference, which kind you use?

Blog Entries
    Steam a Seam has a light version, some say it is lighter than Wonder Under's light version :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    always use light weight fusible that can be sewn through. usually the applique pieces aren't sewn through when the quilting designs are done on the whole quit.

Blog Entries
    I use lightweight fusible, but I don't quilt over my appliques' so I don't have any problem with the quilting.