Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looking for memory/photo quilt pattern

You can do a search on the internet for free patterns. Here is one website I found:http://www.freequiltpatterns.info/Qu...ltPatterns.htm and there were others listed for the query.

Quote Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
    I just finished this quilt for my friend's 70th birthday. I went to Picasa and collaged each group of pictures I wanted to showcase. Each collage was printed on my ink jet printer using 8.5" X 11.5" Printed Treasures fabric. When all were printed, I just sashed around them and then arranged them in a pleasing design. I added 3D pinwheel blocks in two corners, writing memories underneath the 3D part. I quilted around the individual photos in the collages. I realize blue and green is a somewhat unusual color combination, but they were our high school colors.

I've attached close-ups of a couple of the individual blocks so you can see what I mean. The size of the quilt just evolved as I worked with the pictures I wanted to use. It turned out 64" X 66.5".
    Gramajo, love this quilt! The picture collages are a great idea--you can use so many more pictures this way! Might have to try this.
    Redrover0628

thanks for all the suggestions and especially the pictures! that helps more than anything trying to decide a layout and style
    Frances
    Redrover0628

It was a lot of fun making this quilt--brought back a lot of memories. We've been friends for 56 years. Her daughter emailed me a lot of pictures: I had more from my photo albums. I kinda themed each collage--her parents, brothers, her young; his family pictures from a child; her wedding pictures; pictures of her son and daughter individually and together and with my kids; party pictures from our misspent youth.

Go for it, Red Rover, you'll have a great time doing it.

Blog Entries
    Answered you over in the ISO area, posted some pics and link to a book.
    Regards,
    Kif
    Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest~Mark Twain

The Sunny Side of Florida - Sarasota County
    Blog Entries
    These quilts are all wonderful! It's fun to set photos on fabric and then quilt them. I usually try to set them in eras....
    Childhood photos, HS, Wedding, etc.
    YOUNG AT HEART - Slightly older in other places...

Oh My! All of these are great memory quilts!!

Quote Originally Posted by gramajo View Post
    I just finished this quilt for my friend's 70th birthday. I went to Picasa and collaged each group of pictures I wanted to showcase. Each collage was printed on my ink jet printer using 8.5" X 11.5" Printed Treasures fabric. When all were printed, I just sashed around them and then arranged them in a pleasing design. I added 3D pinwheel blocks in two corners, writing memories underneath the 3D part. I quilted around the individual photos in the collages. I realize blue and green is a somewhat unusual color combination, but they were our high school colors.

I've attached close-ups of a couple of the individual blocks so you can see what I mean. The size of the quilt just evolved as I worked with the pictures I wanted to use. It turned out 64" X 66.5".

Gramajo...this is the post I saw Thanks! Kim
    Happy Stitching! Kim

Here is my Memory quilt I did not long ago. I didn't have a pattern...the math and design was a challenge but fun too. Just finished Memory Baseball T-shirt Quilt for Grandson

Blog Entries
    Here is mine! I think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be the best that you can be at everything you do.
    Find me on Facebook Be my friend Join my group
    Leesa Kemp's Material Things Fabric Sales and Auctions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast