Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for retreat

Looking for retreat

Some friends and I are looking for a retreat place in Southern Ohio. It would need to have room for 8 to 12 quilters. If you know of a place whether you've been there or not please let me know. Thanks
    Peace is one of His greatest gifts.

I wonder if you local quilt shop would have some information on retreats near you.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

Life is 10 percent what happens to you, and 90 percent what you do about it. - Steve Harvey

You've seen these? I don't know what is south or north where you are
    https://www.google.com/search?q=quil...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Check with hotels. we use a hotel in Canton, OH, for 3 days for 20 peopew and they are wonderful to work with. I think it's a Comfort Inn.

Suz
    When I lived in DC, I attended a retreat held at a small college in Maryland. We had use of the dorms, showers, dining hall and a meeting room. They even supplied bed and bath linens. I would think that other small colleges would be open to make a few bucks and to accommodate a small group.

You might try local event centers. Even our small town of 30,000 people has 2 event centers in town.
    You might also try Senior Citizens Centers. Sometimes they have a kitchen adjacent to the event room so you could provide snacks/sandwiches, etc. for your retreat.

This place showed up on a google search, but after reading through it, it seems like it is Northwest Ohio. Will put the link in though just in case it might be good enough for a road trip. The quilt retreat looks like it is in November, but they have other quilt related shows etc. https://saudervillage.org/

These are some great places it looks like! Thanks for sharing. I am going to share this with my guild.
    Mom to 2 Future Stitchers....Wife to One Great Hubby!
    "Once A Phi Sigma Sigma, Always A Phi Sigma Sigma!"

There's a FABULOUS quilt shop just west of Millersburg, OH - Somewhere Sewing - (7500 bolts of fabric). They've just built a wonderful building to hold retreats and there are a couple of B&Bs nearby that are working with them to house "retreaters". Deb and Dennis are two of the nicest people. Dennis also does repairs. Here's a link to their website. You can call them for more info. There's also a Facebook page.
    http://www.somewheresewing.com

Millers Dry Goods in Charm, Ohio has sewing retreats, and there is also a place in Zoar, Ohio-though I can't remember the name of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast