Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for retreat >

Looking for retreat

Looking for retreat

Old 04-21-2017, 07:28 AM

The Cider Mill in Zoar, Ohio has sewing retreats.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:51 PM

[QUOTE=lisalovesquilting;7806995]Some friends and I are looking for a retreat place in Southern Ohio. It would need to have room for 8 to 12 quilters. If you know of a place whether you've been there or not please let me know. Thanks I know of a wonderful place but it is in Montana about 100 miles from Yellowstone I went to a retreat there once and it was great I liked it because we could work on our own projects and so many of them is either to take a class and or buy a kit and I just wanted to go to finish things
Old 04-22-2017, 10:55 AM

Have you checked out Camp Higher Ground in southeastern IN near West Harrison, IN. I go there every year for a retreat for another group and there is a group of quilters from near Cincinnati there while we are there We always go check them out when we have a break. I just heard recently that a shop from near Liberty, IN goes here for retreats. I is a lovely place with good accommodations juts like a motel. And the food is out of this world delicious.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by anniep View Post
Millers Dry Goods in Charm, Ohio has sewing retreats, and there is also a place in Zoar, Ohio-though I can't remember the name of it.
I am interested in what people say about retreats and where they are I did go to one in Bennington Kansas once and was wonderful but that is about as far as I want to travel from Wyo. but I do like retreats where we can sew our own projects. I know the ones with classes are good to but I have plenty of unfinished projects so don't want to start a new one
Old 04-25-2017, 06:05 AM

I go to this quilt camp, http://www.pegspatches.com/TQC_home.html

My mom used to attend this quilt camp, it started in the late 80s. It is relatively inexpensive because you can stay in a dorm type cabin with several women. The nights can go as low as about 16.00. You can eat in your cabin or eat in the dining hall. The camp runs Sunday afternoon through Friday morning.

I love this camp, but it works best if you know who you are going with This year I am not sure I am going. Some of the people that I stay with aren't going.

I am looking for something similar. We have really great teachers at this camp.

Cedar Lakes is the camp where it takes place. You can rent it for your own groups.

http://www.agriculture.wv.gov/divisi...s/default.aspx

The camp has actual classrooms. They supply ironing boards, tables and chairs. There is wifi throughout the camp now. There is a dining hall.