Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Machine quilting and feed dogs....

I bought a Hintenberg over a year ago. I wanted to try machine quilting.. I could not get the feed dogs to drop. It was a horrible experience.. I have a Brother LS-1520.. It only goes down to "1" and the feed dogs still do not drop.. I have looked inside the carriage to see if there is a button to push and I can't find one..

What am I missing? I really wanted to do free hand motion..

I am not familiar with your machine but my older singer had a plate to put on over the feed dogs. Is it possible that your machine has one too?

I still have the original pouch that came with it and I did not see anything like that....

I have heard that you can put something - like a piece of cardboard maybe? - over the feed dogs & tape it down. Both of my Singers will drop the feed dogs, so I haven't had this problem...

Do you have the manual? Look up "darning" in the index.

Check their website- My Singer has the feed dog control hidden so you cannot see it except in free arm (like doing sleeves) position

I have 2 brother sewing machines. On one of them the feed dogs do not drop, but the stitch length does go down to "0" and it has a darning plate that covers the feed dogs. The other one the feed dogs do drop, and the lever is in the back. Your owner's manual will tell if the feed dogs drop or not. Hope this might help

I did not recieve a owner's manual. I purchased it from someone who only had it 6 months and found out sewing was not for them. I did find a site this morning where I can order a manual for $12.95.. :lol:

Diamonds,

I am sorry, but I am not familiar with your machine. I am a Brother owner, so I searched for it and found some information you may find useful on the Brother Solutions website; you can even download the manuals in a PDF and save your money. Here is the link:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/us/us_ot/en/model_top/HomeSewingMachine/hf_ls1520eus.html?reg=us&c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=hf_ls1520eus

Hope this helps,
    Carla P

Quote Originally Posted by Carla P
    Diamonds,

I am sorry, but I am not familiar with your machine. I am a Brother owner, so I searched for it and found some information you may find useful on the Brother Solutions website; you can even download the manuals in a PDF and save your money. Here is the link:

http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/BSC/public/us/us_ot/en/model_top/HomeSewingMachine/hf_ls1520eus.html?reg=us&c=us_ot&lang=en&prod=hf_ls1520eus

Hope this helps,
    Carla P
    Thanks Carla.. I really appreciate that..I did do a search but did not see that site...

Dawn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast