Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine Reviews Needed >

Machine Reviews Needed

Machine Reviews Needed

Old 03-10-2017, 03:00 PM

Lightbulb Machine Reviews Needed

Hi, I'm relatively new to quilting (been sewing for awhile) and I looking to upgrade my machine. I currently have a Brothers Project Runway machine. One of the machines I am looking is the Baby Lock Lyric machine. It is a lot of money for a machine and I am just asking for reviews....
Old 03-10-2017, 05:22 PM

I don't know about the Baby Lock Lyric or even how much it costs... but I LOVE my Janomes. I have 2 of them the Magnolia 7330 and the Memory Craft 6600P

I am sure someone here on the board knows something about the machine you are looking at

welcome to the board!!

Last edited by meyert; 03-10-2017 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:26 PM

Baby Lock is a good brand. Talk to the dealer....trust your instincts. If it feels right and you can afford it...buy it. We all love our machines fir whatever reasons. One size does not fit all.

Sandy
Old 03-10-2017, 05:30 PM

I have had BERNINA machines for about 50 years. I bought the 830 Record when Singer started putting plastic parts in their machines. It was a real workhorse and still is used a lot by a friend who bought it from me. When I wanted more features and bells and whistles I purchased an 1130 that I used for 30 years. I had a sewing business for many years and used that machine the whole time. I still have it and use it quite a lot. Two years ago I got the new machine bug again and bought another BERNINA, a B530. I like my machines a lot and keep them well maintained.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Baby Lock is a good brand. Talk to the dealer....trust your instincts. If it feels right and you can afford it...buy it. We all love our machines fir whatever reasons. One size does not fit all.

Sandy
that is so true...what one person loves another may hate.. Like cars...really is a very personal choice.
Old 03-10-2017, 06:00 PM

The lyric gets good reviews and since you already have a brother, not much will be new on it since most of the brother/babylocks are similar. I would still test drive. you can't go wrong with brother/babylocks, all mine have been great to me
Old 03-10-2017, 06:18 PM

What do you want to do with your machine? What features are most important? What are you willing to pay for and what do you think you'd hardly, if ever, use? What's the most you're willing to spend? Is the BabyLock dealer nearby and do you like and trust them ? If you answer these questions beforehand, you'll be able to start narrowing the field. It's a big field. And then, once the objective questions are answered, go test your top picks. Whichever one just makes you want to sit there and play and you like the sound of it, and how it stitches, and you truly can afford it, get it. I personally have never tried a BabyLock, but it's similar to Brother, which I do like. My everyday machine is a Janome 8200, but that's because I had an entry level Janome that I really liked, and knew when I was ready to splurge on a large throat machine, that I'd first look at the Janomes. I love , love, love it. No regrets. That's the kind of feeling you want to get from your machine.