Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Magazine subscription "shipping and handling"

Does it annoy anyone else that magazine subscription offers have an added on "shipping and handling" fee? Why don't they just include that in the price of the subscription? I always throw the offers away when they have such silliness on them.

I feel the same way and I am glad to know that I am not the only one who trashed these "offers".

Rita

I'm losing interest in subscriptions,too.I figure the cost of the magazine is just that much higher than they want it to sound like!I have gobs of magazines and will never get to use all the patterns and info in them.

i gave up magazine subscriptions as well - too expensive. I only buy one magazine occaisionally now - Quilting Arts - when they have something I'm really interested in. I have lots of old mags, too, that I'll never get around to using!

OOPS! Avatar gone again!

Shoot by the time you pay the postage and handling you might as well purchase the magazine in the store. At least that way you get the ones you want. Some of the mags aren't worth having to me.

I have given up all subscriptions, only buy what ever mag I am interested in. I guess on a years sub for a mag, there is probably only one or two patterns that you use. Very expensive.

Blog Entries
    I just got an invitation to renew a McCall's Quilting subscription when I haven't even received the first issue yet. Sheesh!!!