Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: making half quares

Lightbulb making half quares

I use the zipper foot to sew the seam lines, this works great on smaller ones with out having to mark each block. On larger blocks I mark the middle of each block only as a guide... try it on scrapes first to see how it works for you. Marking each block
    is so boring .. guess I worked improving production lines out puts to long always trying to save time ...
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Happen to find this idea on Pinterest.com yesterday. The catch for this is that all eight half square triangles are going to be out of the same fabric, but it looks easy and very satisfying for quickness. Just thought I would pass it along.

http://pinterest.com/pin/240520436319198552/

By the way, I like your idea also
    Julie

pinterest is using Eleanor Burns method. I love it. No math involved though, you just add 2 in for each size.
    6 in blocks for 2 1/2 in sqs. 8 in for 3 1/2 in sqs etc.
    Her triangle square up ruler makes it even easier since you only need to make ONE cut. You square up before you open the square and you can cut off the little tabs at the same time. It is a must have time saver.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image 
    Last edited by Rose Marie; 02-27-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
    pinterest is using Eleanor Burns method. I love it. No math involved though, you just add 2 in for each size.
    6 in blocks for 2 1/2 in sqs. 8 in for 3 1/2 in sqs etc.
    Her triangle square up ruler makes it even easier since you only need to make ONE cut. You square up before you open the square and you can cut off the little tabs at the same time. It is a must have time saver.

That would make sense. I had not looked into where it came from, but love the idea anyway. Thanks for the update.
    Julie