Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Making a quilt with onesies

Making a quilt with onesies

My niece would like to make a quilt out of her little ones onesies. How would you recommend that she do it?
    Thanks!
    oneteapot/Laurel

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  1.79 MBName:  image.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  1.08 MBThe first is a very simple quilt and the second is a shadow box.

Do it just like a t-shirt quilt, only smaller. Iron a lightweight fusible interfacing on the back of the onesies. You can do a simple layout like the one above, or find a cute pattern that uses blocks in that 6-8" size that you'll be cutting out. I think this one was called hip to be square. I did it scrappy, but it would work with onesies too!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
    Laurel
    oneteapot/Laurel

Laurel, I used a couple onesies in a tshirt memory quilt. Not sure I have a good close up of those blocks, but here is the whole quilt. The onesies are the two top corner blocks. On the left one, I had to put triangle corners is. The design was too close to the top to be able to make it into a square. I think it looks cute as a snowball block! If this had not worked, I was considering leaving a plain background area and just quilting the onesie right onto the quilt. I have seen this done as a laundry line. the clothes were folded just right so it looked like they were flapping in the breeze. I will see if I can find a picture of that quilt. Baby clothes would look sweet on a laundry line!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hudgoddess View Post
    Do it just like a t-shirt quilt, only smaller. Iron a lightweight fusible interfacing on the back of the onesies. You can do a simple layout like the one above, or find a cute pattern that uses blocks in that 6-8" size that you'll be cutting out. I think this one was called hip to be square. I did it scrappy, but it would work with onesies too!
    I really like this pattern, but haven't been able to find one by that name. Do you have any more information?