Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Making Quilting Stencils / Marking your quilt

I found something similar to overhead transparencies (remember those? From before the days of laptops and projectors). They worked great! Easy to cut with an exacto knife, you can see through them (that's what I didn't like about the cardboard option - can't see to position it correctly). Used a pounce to transfer the design - other than a few spots being hard to see, it worked really well.

I'm figuring out that marking a quilt is never going to be quick and easy - but I think I have an option that works pretty well now. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by Terri Morin View Post
    Gotta try this!!!! Sounds really cool.
    Thanks looks easy
    pat design

Blog Entries
    I love all the ideas that have been posted on this topic. Marking & basting my quilt top is me least favorite part of making a quilt.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

QM
    I print or draw my designs on freezer paper, then cut them out and iron them in place. This way, I am able to sew along the edges and not have to tear things off. When I was learning FMQ, I did this with hearts and other simple designs. Now I do those freehand but use the freezer paper for more complex or unusual designs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5