Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Marian's Magic Quilt Thimble

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    355
    Does anyone have this??? Well, I ordered three of them, was hoping they would keep my poor fingers from being stabbed time after time, pfffttt, didn't work. They are one size fits all and very narrow in size. I couldn't get it to work for me, somehow the little nub thingy on the top of it gets in the way. Seems to me, it would be a whole lot better if that weren't there, although, maybe it's me and I'm just not using it the way it's intended. What do you all think????

  2. #2
    Senior Member johanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    central Minnesots
    Posts
    313
    I know what you mean. I have tried many different "thimble's" and I just have a terrible time. I have started to use the Quick Grips you buy to put on the back of your rulers. I put it on my finger right where the needle would stick you. You can take it off and reuse it a few times and then use a new one. This works the best for me.

  3. #3
    Moderator QuiltnNan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    western NY formerly MN, FL, NC, SC
    Posts
    30,345
    Blog Entries
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by johanka
    I know what you mean. I have tried many different "thimble's" and I just have a terrible time. I have started to use the Quick Grips you buy to put on the back of your rulers. I put it on my finger right where the needle would stick you. You can take it off and reuse it a few times and then use a new one. This works the best for me.
    interesting tip, thanks

  4. #4
    Super Member thimblebug6000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    4,384
    Had never heard of it http://www.momsmagicthimble.com/ I guess it works a little bit like the Aunt Becky's and for sure they take awhile to get used to.

  5. #5
    Power Poster Lacelady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    12,327
    Blog Entries
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Had never heard of it http://www.momsmagicthimble.com/ I guess it works a little bit like the Aunt Becky's and for sure they take awhile to get used to.
    I sent for one, and it's far, far too small for me.

  6. #6
    Super Member ube quilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    6,023
    Blog Entries
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
    Had never heard of it http://www.momsmagicthimble.com/ I guess it works a little bit like the Aunt Becky's and for sure they take awhile to get used to.
    I sent for one, and it's far, far too small for me.
    I saw the Aunt Becky's in a thread and it inspired me to want to try hand quilting which is new to me. Of course it takes practice as does anything. :thumbup:

    http://www.quilterstv.com/?bcpid=133...s_&_techniques
    peace

    EDIT: When you go to this site there is a place to browse the list of videos. Look for the hand quilting # 48 or 49? It is a great tutorial.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.