Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Marking on quilt >

Marking on quilt

Marking on quilt

Old 02-25-2014, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
Somewhere here on the board someone used press and seal and the pen they used to mark it somehow got on the quilt. I don't know if it went thru the press and seal or rubbed off. But they were heartbroken because it wouldn't come off.
My biggest problem is that my quilts are usually light and dark. I never know what to use to mark them. I love the Frixion pens but what should I use on the dark fabric. I hate to keep switching pens as I mark.
Thank you for the heads up about the pen marks. I wll use the washable Crayon markers when I try this.
Old 02-25-2014, 04:41 PM

Recently bought a set of 6 Frixion in multi colors on Amazon for less than 10 dollars[plus shipping. Sh be enough colors for both light and dark. Love using these for any fabric marking. QUOTE=meanmom;6596303]Somewhere here on the board someone used press and seal and the pen they used to mark it somehow got on the quilt. I don't know if it went thru the press and seal or rubbed off. But they were heartbroken because it wouldn't come off.
My biggest problem is that my quilts are usually light and dark. I never know what to use to mark them. I love the Frixion pens but what should I use on the dark fabric. I hate to keep switching pens as I mark.[/QUOTE]
Old 02-25-2014, 06:55 PM

I love the Pilot Frixion pen. Never had an issue and I always press. The lines disappear.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

on dark fabrics, i love to use a sliver of soap. on other colors, i love the Frixion pen.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
Somewhere here on the board someone used press and seal and the pen they used to mark it somehow got on the quilt. I don't know if it went thru the press and seal or rubbed off. But they were heartbroken because it wouldn't come off.
My biggest problem is that my quilts are usually light and dark. I never know what to use to mark them. I love the Frixion pens but what should I use on the dark fabric. I hate to keep switching pens as I mark.
I tried Press & Seal a few years back and was so discouraged. Maybe it's because I'm not proficient at FMQ, it took me hours to get the little bits of press & seal from under all the stitches with tweezers. I would definitely test it first.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:44 PM

I just tried Crayola Washable Markers, they have a fine tip and glides well enough over the fabric, and the marks rinse right out. (always test your fabric first)
Old 04-15-2014, 03:47 AM

A regular #2 pencil will not wash out. I have done that and the lines stay after washing the quilt.
SVAL