Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Is McTavishing appropriate for bed quilts?

So true. I hail from Euroep but my babies were born in the USA. I always had my babies on their side.
    But yes it went from sleeping on tummy only to sleeping on the back only.

Quote Originally Posted by mom-6 View Post
    I find it very interesting that now babies are only to sleep on their backs do they don't suffocate. When my bunch was little it was only sleep on their tummies so they don't choke. Hmmmm guess they're going to figure out a way for them to only sleep on their side next so they don't xxxxx????
    Anna Quilts

I don't really have anything to add about McTavishing, but do about babies and sleeping
    When I had my first, and really with most things, I tend to use what seems to work best, common sense-wise. I was taught at the hospital to put my son on his tummy. Seemed to me, when he spit up, if he wasn't watched like a hawk, there was a danger of inhaling it. I listened to what they said at the hospital, on the back was bad, and it just seemed to me, he was more comfortable on his side. So that's what I did, bunched a blanket up, or something, and propped him on his side. Oh my goodness, what would the expects now say about that!

But, my Dad was notorius for rubbing whiskey on a baby's gums when they were teething too, and giving them a pickle, and all his kids got a glass of pop (in Ohio, soda in other places) before they went to bed.
    Point? It's in my dna, a rule breaker!
    You know that feeling when you've finished all your quilting projects and your studio is perfectly clean????

Me neither.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4