Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: More than one way - - - -

I agree with all that has been said. There is usually 1 show-off or know-it-all in the class, but they should just shut up and they might actually learn something new.

I agree...

Blog Entries
    There are beginner classes and more advanced ones. some people tend to skip the beginner ones and most likely cause the delays mentioned due to not being able to keep up with all the other attendees.

I take a class because I want to learn a new way or different method. If a class member thinks she/he has a different way that is okay but keep it to yourself.
    Grandmeto6 aka Judy

Blog Entries
    I took a class and some of the students had new machines and they had never even used them. Really used up time from the other students. The machines had been purchased at the shop where the classes were - so guess they thought they had to help them. I go to learn not to visit - but many want to visit.
    Quilting in the Desert

Blog Entries
    As an instructor, I say that my way is not the only way, but the way I am comfortable with. As a student I dislike it when the person sitting next to me wants me to repeat everything the instructor says. That makes me miss the next point. Pay attention or ask the instructor. I tell my students to ask me if they have questions. Their neighbor may not know the answer or may answer them wrong. Don't feel like you are bothering me, that's what you are paying me for.
    We would worry less about what others think of us if we realized how seldom they do.

Blog Entries
    I believe the instructor knows what to do, or they would not be in that position.
    Bonnie

Blog Entries
    I"ve taken workshops and will admit that I didn't always precut fabrics, but there was a reason that happened. But I did not expect the instructor to give me one on one help when it was my fault.

I also don't like it when someone in the class brings half her stash because she can't make a decision on which fabrics ro use and expects the instructor to help her with every decsion. And then doesn't like the choices that the instructor gives. I don't know why they even sign up, it seems they are not there to get anything out of the class.

I just find that behavior rude. As an adult, they should have learned some courtesy by now.
    To make lots of quilts, is to have lots of scraps, and I do, and I do.
    BarbaraSue

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neesie View Post
    Sometimes the "hard" way of learning something, is actually an "easy" way, to learn a more advanced skill.
    HA...I love this....but isn't it the truth!

Never have taken a class.
    Learned from on line videos. No disruptions that way. I have seen many different ways to do blocks and have my prefered ways.
    If I ever take a class, I thank you for the advice and will do it the teachers way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3