Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mother board woes >

Mother board woes

Mother board woes

Old 09-18-2010, 05:40 PM

My Huskystar machine works just great, I bought brand new right after they were introduced. I recently noticed my LED light was out, could barely see what stirch I was in, etc. Stopped at headquarters in Joanne's on a Sunday, lady tells me to bring it in for servicing (89.95) and they will charge extra for the bulb. So-$100.00 for a light! I take it in on a weekday, regular person on duty that has been there for years, calls service dept. to see what a bulb will cost. The bulb is part of the "mother board" and that will have to be replaced. Why is it Mother is such a comforting word, but mother board is scary. He says if I have had it less than 5 yrs, it should be covered by warranty. So I left it there with speciific instructions that if the board is not covered, do not do anything to it. The machine works fine, I didn't pay that much for the machine 4 1/2 yrs ago that I want to put that much money into it. Makes me wonder about the credability of the machine. Anybody else have this happen? To add more, I'm leaving this week for vacation .so my daughter is taking charge of it. The one good thing, she quoted me $79.95 for tuneup. I have no problem with that, its never been serviced.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:44 PM

If the light goes out after warrenty, buy a BriteLite. Most LQSs have them for around $50. They're really bright, attach right to the machine and can be twisted and turned to go exactly where you want them.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:04 PM

sew much for modern technology
Old 09-19-2010, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by auntiehenno
sew much for modern technology
That's why so many of us are "vintage" machine lovers. The last time a little something went wrong with the vintage Singer that I sew on I fixed it myself with a little piece of bamboo skewer. That's been a couple of months ago and it's still working.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:48 AM

Iuse a britelight on all my machines. it is the best thing since sliced bread! It is brihter than the machines light.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:33 AM

I can see where I wasn't clear in my first message, that happens when we vent. My machine has a computer on the right side where I pick my stitch size, special stiiches, tells me what foot to use, etc. I can still see whats on there, but its all dark and hard to read. If you're buying a new machine, it might be smart to ask how long the wearranty lasts on the mother board.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

How frustrating. I hope it is covered by warranty. Keep us posted.