Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My apology to all those I may have offended

I seem to have ruffled some feathers and I would like to apologize and explain. The question on "SHOULD I ENTER MY QUILT?" I am not and was not going to enter a quilt. The husband and I were discussing the possibility of entering. He asked the question, how do they know when you finished a quilt? I would not ever cheat, ever,I am not that kind of person. I was raised to be honest and expect others to be honest. I so want to be a part of this community of other quilters that I asked a stupid question just wanting to start a conversation. So in conclusion, please except my apology and do not judge me on this topic alone. Thank you all for your comments and honesty!

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I understand where you are coming from. I often wonder how many rules are followed in things like that. No offense taken here.

Have a hug ((Justok))

No apologies needed here...every post presents each of us with an opportunity to think and organize our own thoughts...hey, you ARE a part of the community...a contributing part! Thanks for sharing and for caring!

Blog Entries
    This is a great place to get opinions and that really is what you were looking for. I don't think you ruffled any feathers, but you sure got a lot of opinions!

Move forward, it's all good. Giving you {{cyber hugs}}

No apology needed. I have often wondered about the same thing myself!

Your husband did ask a good question. I don't judge, only give opinions. I seem to have lots of those! LOL
    I do think you should make a quilt to enter at sometime, because I'm not brave enough to do it, so you can for us both.

New York State, but I will always be Canadian!
    Your question was a legitimate one that I am sure several people have asked themselves. Not only was it a conversation starter, but it also caused us to look at our own morals and determine whether we would be able to do this. I know for myself, it was a conversation starter for myself and my hubby later that night!
    No worries! As I've discovered, this forum is full of supportive, encouraging, non-judgemental, *squishy-warm-fuzzy-inducing* Ladies and Gentlemen!

Blog Entries
    I was commenting on what some others had said...."who would know", that type of thing. That would not be honest. I wouldn't assume you or anyone else were planning on doing anything against the rules. As far as I was concerned it was a "theoretical" discussion. No harm, no offense taken. You are welcome to join us!!!

Ok, i'll admit it, I thought you were asking the question because you really wanted to enter your quilt. I'm relieved to know that wasn't the case.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast